OCI process

Sjena

Nov 14, 2023
Pei
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
15 nov - oci status - doc printing status processed, dispatched from mea delhi, doc received at toronto
16 nov - bls status counter delivery after stamping

can someone update the tracker. Hoping to receive on 20th

Terminator

Feb 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-10-2011
Doc's Request.
30-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
IELTS Request
08-05-2005
File Transfer...
08-01-2011
Med's Request
18-10-2003
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12-03-2001
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2000
LANDED..........
06-04-2010
With processed on 13th I would have expected purolator delivery today (hence my estimate of 16th Nov). Wonder why it missed the pickup yesterday.
Anyway glad to know its coming.
Received it just now, , at 9 AM on 17 Nov.
Thanks to all of you, and special thanks for @eas2lv for organizing and maintaining this.

Guess once you are done, who else may be able to take care of this extreamly useful spreadsheet?
Hopefully I dont ever have to deal with BLS again

Good bye. all of you. This has been an amazing journey since 2017 when I started my PR process for Canada.

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
When uploading documents under "spouse passport"- Do we have to upload canadian or previous indian Passport? If I am uploading marriage certificate do I have to upload spouse passport ? ( our Indian Passports don't list us as spouse)
There is no clear guideline on this. Here is what I uploaded:
1) CURRENT PASSPORT 2) SPOUSE PASSPORT 3) SPOUSE OCI CARD 4) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE 5) PREVIOUS INDIAN
PASSPORT OF SELF
I did not upload or submit employment letter but many here have reported BLS insisting on it.
Whatever pleases BLS goes in.

Terminator

Feb 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-10-2011
Doc's Request.
30-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
IELTS Request
08-05-2005
File Transfer...
08-01-2011
Med's Request
18-10-2003
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12-03-2001
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2000
LANDED..........
06-04-2010
Thank you! I definitely have no plans to go to the BLS office.
I see that you did it by mail too. If you haven't already posted, please could you let me know the list of docs you sent (I'm assuming everything is a self-attested copies) and more importantly the bank draft amounts? I am planning to send 2 applications -one for myself and the other for my 2 year old.
I would suggest that for minor child, call their number +1 289 498 1320 , and then select 1 for new application and 3 for OCI. you may have to listen to music for 15 mins. And speak with any agent. Hopefully if you get Shalini, she is most knowledgeable and helpful. Sometime you will end up talking to a rookie, you will know that immedeatly. I suggest disconnect and call again to speak to someone who knows their job.

I included my employment letter, as well as a copy of passport of my parents, just to prove the reasons why I want to go to India. not needed but jusst included as I read it somewhere on the website.

Yes, The only original thing which I sent in the packet was the passport photo. Rest ALL were self attested documents. The checklist is. helpful. make sure you refer to that

I went to post office and got two money orders. One in favour of CGI india for 341 + 4 =CAD 345 , other in favour of BLS India for 7.40 + 40 = CAD 47.40 (guessed return via purolator cost is 35 so added 5 for safety). And sent it via Canada Post. Which costed 18 dollars for trackable service. Money order each was 9 dollar service fee at CAnada post office.

if your bank allows you cheaper draft service OR for free, then go for that. For me, Canada post office was cheaper and closer to my house

But my advise is just send the draft of 7.40 for BLS and for courier pickup and delivery, call them and get the link. They seem to be happier about that,

Although the website says that you can consolidate that amount in one draft for BLS, which I did but apprantly BLS staff didnt like that so had to call them a few times to push them

The staff should also be able to tell you that if you can consolidate the CGI amount or BLS amounts in one cheque for both you and your minor child application. but confirm before doing that.

Reactions: zeninmaking

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
There is no clear guideline on this. Here is what I uploaded:
1) CURRENT PASSPORT 2) SPOUSE PASSPORT 3) SPOUSE OCI CARD 4) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE 5) PREVIOUS INDIAN
PASSPORT OF SELF
I did not upload or submit employment letter but many here have reported BLS insisting on it.
Whatever pleases BLS goes in.
Did you upload your spouse's Indian or Canadian passport ?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Admin could you please add me to the tracker, I've been following this thread for a while now. My application is for renewal (new booklet after 20) and my dates for Toronto jurisdiction are:

Application date (BLS Brampton walk-in): Oct 21
BLS status: Processing at CG

OCI website status: No record found
What is oci website to check status?

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Has anyone gone to Toronto BLS office recently? Just trying to see what sort of wait times are currently for Walk-ins. Wondering if its the same where people line up the night before to get their turn next morning.