+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Received update on OCI website today, status changed from "UNDER PROCESS" to "PROCESSED". (exactly after 21 days from OCI Ack)
my timeline below

OCI application was received by BLS Brampton: 18 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment from BLS: 21 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment in OCI website(UNDER PROCESS): 5 Oct
Next Status change in OCI website ( to "PROCESSED" ): 26 Oct
For my wife and son, the status is still shown as "under process". I think maybe their status will also be updated in a few hours.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
if we have ack dates on the OCI website of sept 28, should we be expecting an update soon? (Vancouver)

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi, Can you update the OCI tracker for Toronto for myself ? It is mentioned as "Processing at consulate general" on 25th October,2023.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi, Can you update the OCI tracker for Toronto for myself ? It is mentioned as "Processing at consulate general" on 25th October,2023.
No you cannot. Its not publicly editable to ensure data quality. What do you want to update? If you have "Application date" shown on BLS post it here -- that is what is required under "applied date" for postal applications. Next relevant update would be "Acknowledgement date" on OCI site.

Last edited:

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Oh so they will NOT accept anything other than surrender certificate then! that is so weird! :/
Yes. I was their in walkin line since yesterday 8pm. Got in at 8am. They made me to do all the corrections in the application form for visa and ended up saying that I need SC for myself and baby's visa processing at 1.30pm.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Yes. I was their in walkin line since yesterday 8pm. Got in at 8am. They made me to do all the corrections in the application form for visa and ended up saying that I need SC for myself and baby's visa processing at 1.30pm.
My god! You must have been irate at BLS! Feeling really sorry for you mate..!! More power to you!

Where is your SC application?

d.jay55

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For postal applications most people are not sending in any originals. I would think BLS should have returned the originals when the application was reviewed by them. Call BLS and ask.
What is the application date shown in BLS status site?
Update on this - I got my originals back today.

Application Mailing date - Sept 21
Date of acknowledgment - Oct 17
Originals returned - Oct 26
OCI - Pending

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can we apply for entry visa from somewhere else? Like if we go via Dubai can we apply from there? Anyone has an experience
Very tough to find someone with that experience in this forum. It would be some expat working in Dubai and then going to India without OCI using entry visa.
But then they would have proper residential address proof and mobile no which being in Canada we won't.

Reactions: RuchiWalia

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Can we apply for entry visa from somewhere else? Like if we go via Dubai can we apply from there? Anyone has an experience
I wouldn't risk it. Generally you have to have strong connection (like residency) with the country you are applying from. If you will be on a tourist visa in Dubai, Indian consulate there likely will not entertain your application. Unless you have a resident permit or long term visa for that country.
I have not tried anything like this with Indian consulate, but have similar experience with some other more lenient countries and it has been very tricky and hard.

Reactions: RuchiWalia