+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Pradeep Verma

Jul 22, 2018
I applied for entry visa through Brampton walk-in today. They said expect it within 10 days. I asked about the 45 days stated online and they said it has not been updated.
Great, thanks for sharing the information.. I will go tomorrow and submit the application in that case. Please inform once you get the VISA so that we have the real time update of visa processing

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
how are we anymore "their own people" when we took citizenship of another country?
Have you ever heard of the term Person of Indian origin? If we are not their people why are they giving us Overseas citizenship? just because we took a citizenship of another country doesn't mean we are done with India. Govt knows that and values it too. Too bad we are suffering because of some religious fanatics.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Have you ever heard of the term Person of Indian origin? If we are not their people why are they giving us Overseas citizenship? just because we took a citizenship of another country doesn't mean we are done with India. Govt knows that and values it too. Too bad we are suffering because of some religious fanatics.
and you do understand that you gave up your citizenship and rights that came along with it. They are giving you OCI/PIO because you might have still members back home or have some roots/connections still to India. You might not be done with India but they can very well be done with you.

There is no obligations for them to do this OCI etc. Tell me one other country that gives something like OCI. I am not aware of any other.

Reactions: desmat and p@ul@

KiranG80

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Anyone from Vancouver Mission for OCI before 4th Oct OCI Ack Date got the status changed to "Processed"? Looks like Toronto is completing files in exactly 21 days.

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
I called BLS 3 times today asking about Processing time for entry visa. They all said 30-45 days. I asked them about 10-15 days being shared by some staff members they said that can’t be true

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Anyone from Vancouver Mission for OCI before 4th Oct OCI Ack Date got the status changed to "Processed"? Looks like Toronto is completing files in exactly 21 days.
My ack date is Oct 5th but it still shows under process.. Not too sure but I think for Vancouver processing time is 30days after ack, not sure why.. keeping fingers crossed hope to hear something soon

Gagzgill

Oct 23, 2023
Yes. I was their in walkin line since yesterday 8pm. Got in at 8am. They made me to do all the corrections in the application form for visa and ended up saying that I need SC for myself and baby's visa processing at 1.30pm.
Hi @Anncs , I am filing Entry visa application for my minor. I got doubt - there’s section called “professional details of applicant”
I selected “UNEMPLOYED” from dropdown but “employer name” is still mandatory field - what did you write in that?
I’m thinking “NOT APPLICABLE MINOR APPLICANT”. Please advise. Thanks

Gagzgill

Oct 23, 2023
I called BLS 3 times today asking about Processing time for entry visa. They all said 30-45 days. I asked them about 10-15 days being shared by some staff members they said that can’t be true
Did you call BLS Brampton or any other location?