+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada

So, do you have a surrender application under process? If I read that paragraph right, it applies to surrendering the same time as visa application as it asks for original Indian passport which you wont have.
Yeah, her application is under process! So I guess I'd need to wait for her surrender certificate then :/

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Yeah, her application is under process! So I guess I'd need to wait for her surrender certificate then :/
If they allow surrender and visa application together, this should also be possible (logically), say, using the application status printout as proof. But not so sure with BLS in the middle.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
If they allow surrender and visa application together, this should also be possible (logically), say, using the application status printout as proof. But not so sure with BLS in the middle.
Logically, yes! They wouldn't accept my surrender application without original India passport is submitted with it.. Let me try with another BLS agent before I take the plunge!

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
My understanding is that you should have atleast applied for a surrender certificate.. but then what do they in lieu of actual surrender certificate (i.e., proof that you have applied for a surrender certificate), no one knows!
I already applied and took the proof as well. Also in the checklist they say, if not applied for passport surrender, we can submit SC application form and copy of payment receipt or Indian birth certificate or educational docs or ration card. I took everything but they told its new policy that they will only accept application form for entry visa with surrendercertificate.

Pradeep Verma

Jul 22, 2018
I applied for entry visa through Brampton walk-in today. They said expect it within 10 days. I asked about the 45 days stated online and they said it has not been updated.
Perfect. Thanks for the updated, I will go and apply tomorrow.

Did you pay the fees at the counter or the draft was needed? If Yes, on who's name it has to be directed?

Pradeep Verma

Jul 22, 2018
If you applied in Person at Brampton or Toronto BLS on Oct 10, expect as acknowledgement around Oct 26th and + 21 days from acknowledgement date to Processed. From Processed add 7 days to get it in hand.
Since this is based on existing average timeline please don't consider it as surety.
Thankyou

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
I already applied and took the proof as well. Also in the checklist they say, if not applied for passport surrender, we can submit SC application form and copy of payment receipt or Indian birth certificate or educational docs or ration card. I took everything but they told its new policy that they will only accept application form for entry visa with surrendercertificate.
Oh so they will NOT accept anything other than surrender certificate then! that is so weird! :/

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Received update on OCI website today, status changed from "UNDER PROCESS" to "PROCESSED". (exactly after 21 days from OCI Ack)
my timeline below

OCI application was received by BLS Brampton: 18 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment from BLS: 21 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment in OCI website(UNDER PROCESS): 5 Oct
Next Status change in OCI website ( to "PROCESSED" ): 26 Oct

jay_99

Oct 16, 2023
sorry i was confused with jurisdictions to which the application goes to as i can see my kid's application status on both of the bls trackers (toronto & ottawa jurisdiction)

bls brampton: sent postal application on sep 29 and updated to application date as oct 6 on bls website and application status as Processing at Consulate General as of now
oci tracker: no such records found as of now
finally got my ack on oci website just before i.e oct 26. timeline of application as above

mr.ankit.pandey

Jul 2, 2019
Received update on OCI website today, status changed from "UNDER PROCESS" to "PROCESSED". (exactly after 21 days from OCI Ack)
my timeline below

OCI application was received by BLS Brampton: 18 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment from BLS: 21 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment in OCI website(UNDER PROCESS): 5 Oct
Next Status change in OCI website ( to "PROCESSED" ): 26 Oct
This is good, usually how long does it take from here to delivered? These are hopeful timelines. :)