VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Applicant NameXXX
File Reference NumberXXXXXXXXXX (OCI)
Date Of Acknowledgment14-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

i want to book flight for 7 jan do you. any chances for OCI
Currently with the minimum time of 8.5 weeks and maximum of 9.5 weeks you should have it.

To be safe you can parallely apply for entry-visa too.

Reactions: RITUPAL

Nick92

Oct 20, 2023
My Timeline and status as of today:

Date Of Acknowledgment05-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn26-OCT-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn
Hi there , what’s your application date ? I have same acknowledgment but no update yet .

Reactions: farooq.ind

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Applicant NameXXX
File Reference NumberXXXXXXXXXX (OCI)
Date Of Acknowledgment14-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

i want to book flight for 7 jan do you. any chances for OCI
It's taking somewhere a month to get OCI in hands. You should be fine. I applied Sept 12 and got it on Oct 19

Reactions: RITUPAL

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Just Called BLS Brampton and they confirmed current processing time expected is 7-10 Business days for Entry visa + if consulate is delayed cannot predict this.

I am sending postal application for same and documents needed are as per the checklist and yes we need to send our original canadian passport. Demand draft for $113.82 for 6 months Multiple entry visa.

Reactions: Gagzgill

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Haven't seen an update from anyone with Ack on Oct 4. I can speak for myself - Ack date is Oct 5th and I haven't received any update yet.
We have one case in the tracker. Expect to see more before end of day.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Just Called BLS Brampton and they confirmed current processing time expected is 7-10 Business days for Entry visa + if consulate is delayed cannot predict this.

I am sending postal application for same and documents needed are as per the checklist and yes we need to send our original canadian passport. Demand draft for $113.82 for 6 months Multiple entry visa.
Okay, thanks .. this is good to know! Did you get a return label from them as well?

@Pradeep Verma FYI..

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
I'm just thinking out loud and expressing frustration at the chaos that have been created because of the decisions taken within the last month or so. There is a very high possibility that a single applicant would have submitted three separate applications by now - E-visa, OCI and now entry visa out of sheer desperation and a desire to not have their vacation plans ruined.

This almost sounds like a money making racket at the expense of helpless common folks held hostage by the powers that be.
Totally agree as I have paid for Evisa/OCI/open ticket charges and now thinking about entry visa as my trip is really urgent :( on top I know I will paying for ticket date changes :( financially and emotionally draining roller coaster this is :(

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Hey All.. I would apply for the entry visa too for my spouse but her surrender certificate is still in process.. When I called BLS, they said we need to wait for surrender certificate to come through even when the checklist says "In case the visa applicant has not surrendered the Indian passport and has the original passport, he/she may submit the application for Surrender / Renunciation Certificate and enclose a copy of the payment receipt of submission of the surrender certificate application with the visa application".

Not sure if anyone has any idea on such cases?