+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hello all,
I was filling out the Entry Visa form for my Dad and discovered that the Given Name field is Mandatory. On his Canadian Passport, his full name is printed in the surname field and the Given Name field is left empty (No XXX). Is anyone else in the same boat? Just trying to figure out a way around it.
Hey just put xxx as First name and write a letter of explanation simply explaining how Canada inputs the only name as last name but they are both the same person.
They will accept your application
It happened with my Fiancé. His initial application was returned by BLS because he left last name blank and inputted everything in first name.
This is what BLS suggested him to do and later accepted his new application

Reactions: ujji

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
For those of you asking for past experience, I applied for tourist/ entry visa- paper application last year, everything was processed within 4 weeks for Vancouver jurisdiction postal application

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
For those of you asking for past experience, I applied for tourist/ entry visa- paper application last year, everything was processed within 4 weeks for Vancouver jurisdiction postal application
Hello
Do we need to provide original passport for this application also?

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Applied in Oct 5th for a family of 3 - BLs Toronto. Still no ACK on OCI website. Anyone else from 5th October got their ACK ? Starting to get worried now for flight on Dec 12.

entry visa also takes 45 days to process as per BLS website. That’s also too close to call. I wonder if the 72 hour processing e-Visa will be back soon.

such a mess.

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Applied in Oct 5th for a family of 3 - BLs Toronto. Still no ACK on OCI website. Anyone else from 5th October got their ACK ? Starting to get worried now for flight on Dec 12.

entry visa also takes 45 days to process as per BLS website. That’s also too close to call. I wonder if the 72 hour processing e-Visa will be back soon.

such a mess.
You should have your OCI before the end of November! it takes about 20-21 days to get the ack. Don't overthink!

Neelu123

Apr 8, 2022
Really.. I never knew but this gives me hope! May be after the Dussehra holiday, the 'good' thinking conquers the 'evil' and they re-start e-visas as a Diwali Gift for everyone!
First they took away the happiness (Plans, mood and money) of common man (as usual) and then after satisfying their ego and when Canada started to reciprocate, they said we will resume visa. This is not a gift but it is their lack of understanding of consequences and a shame.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
@RuchiWalia what's status of your e-Visa application? Someone mentioned on FB that status of his e-Visa application got changed today & he will get visa in 2 days.

Look at comments for this post:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/221923281291456/permalink/2569056016578159/?app=fbl
Appears to be fake as eVisa status cannot be checked without selecting the County name. Canada is still not on the drop down. Then how the person on Facebook saw the status. Anyways I applied for eVisa too. If any change I will update here. As of now no news on my application and no way to check online status.

Reactions: softwaretesting

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
First they took away the happiness (Plans, mood and money) of common man (as usual) and then after satisfying their ego and when Canada started to reciprocate, they said we will resume visa. This is not a gift but it is their lack of understanding of consequences and a shame.
O i am with you! Was just saying that even if i need to tag this as a gift, I'd take it.. :)

Reactions: Alwaysmile

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Appears to be fake as eVisa status cannot be checked without selecting the County name. Canada is still not on the drop down. Then how the person on Facebook saw the status. Anyways I applied for eVisa too. If any change I will update here. As of now no news on my application and no way to check online status.
You do not need to fill in the country in case you want to check the status of e-visa application.. I filled mine on the date it was stopped and it still shows the same status till today..