+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
You do not need to fill in the country in case you want to check the status of e-visa application.. I filled mine on the date it was stopped and it still shows the same status till today..
You have to. You are probably using this link to check the status - https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/StatusEnquiry. This is generic and always has same status. For eVisa on same page you will see an option "Advanced search for e-Visa only". Once you select this correct option you can get the actual status on eVisa. Unfortunately one of the required information is country name and Canada is not on drop down.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
You have to. You are probably using this link to check the status - https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/StatusEnquiry. This is generic and always has same status. For eVisa on same page you will see an option "Advanced search for e-Visa only". Once you select this correct option you can get the actual status on eVisa. Unfortunately one of the required information is country name and Canada is not on drop down.
Aah, interesting.. thanks for the info!

Reactions: niswe

aravindguruswamy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
That’s So disappointing!!

Aah, interesting.. thanks for the info!

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Appears to be fake as eVisa status cannot be checked without selecting the County name. Canada is still not on the drop down. Then how the person on Facebook saw the status. Anyways I applied for eVisa too. If any change I will update here. As of now no news on my application and no way to check online status.
I mailed CGI and got a reply that Evisa has not resumed.

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
My status on the BLS website changed today;

Purolator Delivery #2: Oct 13th
BLS Email Ack: Oct 17th
BLS Website Under Process: Oct 23rd
BLS Website Processing at Consulate General: Oct 26th

Application date is showing as Oct 23rd on BLS website - if needed for the tracker.

Oct 23: Changed to Under Process on BLS Website

Still not showing up on CGI website, guess it takes time.

Last edited:
Reactions: eas2lv

Pradeep Verma

Jul 22, 2018
Hi Everyone, I am in a fix, have to travel on Nov 30. Applied for OCI on Oct 10 and still no update on OCI website.
Since the visa's have opened, should I go that route and apply for VISA? I called BLS today and they said the processing is between 30-45 days which would be very close the OCI processing plus the risk of they keeping the passport for that entire duration.
What would you all suggest?
I have the visa appointment tomorrow but not sure If I should go that route. Also, any idea of the EVISA service will resume soon enough?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Everyone, I am in a fix, have to travel on Nov 30. Applied for OCI on Oct 10 and still no update on OCI website.
Since the visa's have opened, should I go that route and apply for VISA? I called BLS today and they said the processing is between 30-45 days which would be very close the OCI processing plus the risk of they keeping the passport for that entire duration.
I have the visa appointment tomorrow but not sure If I should go that route. Also, any idea of the EVISA service will resume soon enough?
I would suggest you to move your travel date instead. They are too close for OCI or Entry Visa.

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
If anyone will have any updated info on entry visa processing timelines please share.. Also did anyone from Vancouver received OCI with ACK date of around 24-26th Sept?

Reactions: pradeep86

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Use this tracker to understand the OCI timelines - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSw0K_bUGvWjN0uF4Ecqzi8UPVDQwjHCwQHMgkuUpBRcJo-CQa9IUYjY4DGqdQ6zmC3bP0D__lImeKb/pubhtml

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Guys, How much it takes from the Date of ACK from OCI site to get OCI card ? My Data of ACK is Oct 4th, I applied at Calgary BLS to Vancouver consulate.

Last edited:

pavanmeka11

Oct 26, 2023
Hi ,
Please add me to the tracker and help me with tracker link . Planned journey on 30th November
OCI BLS Application date : 7th October 2023 - Walk-in Brampton
BLS Status - Processing at consulate 2 times
OCI website - No record found

Not sure if I could get by 30th November 2023