+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Hi All.. I called BLS today and here is what they told me about Entry Visa (some guy lalit):

1. We need to wait for surrender certificate to come through even when the checklist says "In case the visa applicant has not surrendered the Indian passport and has the original passport, he/she may submit the application for Surrender / Renunciation Certificate and enclose a copy of the payment receipt of submission of the surrender certificate application with the visa application". He was adamant that surrender certificate is required!
2. For minors born in Canada, you do not need ‘Statement of Live Birth’ necessarily, birth certificate with parents name would be fine too
3. Most importantly, he said processing time would be 10-15 working days! Take it with a pinch of salt I'd say!

Last edited:

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Hi All.. I called BLS today and here is what they told me (some guy lalit):

1. We need to wait for surrender certificate to come through even when the checklist says "In case the visa applicant has not surrendered the Indian passport and has the original passport, he/she may submit the application for Surrender / Renunciation Certificate and enclose a copy of the payment receipt of submission of the surrender certificate application with the visa application". He was adamant that surrender certificate is required!
2. For minors born in Canada, you do not need ‘Statement of Live Birth’ necessarily, birth certificate with parents name would be fine too
3. Most importantly, he said processing time would be 10-15 working days! Take it with a pinch of salt I'd say!
is 10-15 days for surrender certificate or some other application?

Gagzgill

Oct 23, 2023

Really 10-15 days for Entry visa?

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016

For OCI processing time would be 10 -15 working days?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Hi Everyone, I am in a fix, have to travel on Nov 30. Applied for OCI on Oct 10 and still no update on OCI website.
Since the visa's have opened, should I go that route and apply for VISA? I called BLS today and they said the processing is between 30-45 days which would be very close the OCI processing plus the risk of they keeping the passport for that entire duration.
What would you all suggest?
I have the visa appointment tomorrow but not sure If I should go that route. Also, any idea of the EVISA service will resume soon enough?
If you applied in Person at Brampton or Toronto BLS on Oct 10, expect as acknowledgement around Oct 26th and + 21 days from acknowledgement date to Processed. From Processed add 7 days to get it in hand.
Since this is based on existing average timeline please don't consider it as surety.

Reactions: Pradeep Verma

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
OCI Postal Application BLS Brampton:
  • Purolator Pickup: 25-Oct
  • ETA For Delivery: 26-Oct
  • BLS Application Date: TBD
  • OCI ACK Date: TBD
  • Processed Date: TBD
  • Received: TBD

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Hello Everyone
Just applied for Entry Visa (walk in), in and out in 20 minutes, BLS Lady said processing time is 10-15 days,
fingers Crossed
How long did you wait in line for walk in ? is it a different queue compared to OCI and Passport application?

Reactions: Sapru

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Hello Everyone
Just applied for Entry Visa (walk in), in and out in 20 minutes, BLS Lady said processing time is 10-15 days,
fingers Crossed
Wow! so the 10-15 days timeline is true! I am assuming you had the 'surrender certificate'.. my wife's certificate is under process and they do not seem to believe that it any supporting document for an 'in-process' application would work! :/

How come you spent just 20 minutes in the queue?

aaravchugh

Oct 16, 2023
IT HAPPENED!
Oci Renewal - September 11th ( BLS Brampton )
Oci Ack - 25th September
Oci Processed ready to pickup BLS - 26th October

Literally buying a flight for tonight. Please update on tracker to help other people who are renewing. Thanks for the help everyone