+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

preet1911

Jun 30, 2015
It means BLS has accepted your applications and passed them on to the Consulate. As BLS is the hardest to please kid, those are in good shape now. Wait for them to appear at OCI site to get an idea of when to expect OCI.
Hi i have similar questions, my bls application date is 13 oct for 2 minors(postal application brampton) , now on 20 oct status changed to “under-process “
Is it the same thing , they might not need new info or documents???
Pls can you add me in the tracker too.

Last edited:

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi i have similar questions, my bls application date is 13 oct for 2 minors(postal application brampton) , now on 20 oct status changed to “under-process “
Is it the same thing , they might not need new info or documents??? Pls clarify
If its "under process" on OCI site, you are all good. The Acknowledgement date will also be shown on that site. BLS application date just means the date they passed it to the consulate (for postal applications).

Reactions: preet1911

Alisha0910

Oct 18, 2023
Nov 1st is iffy. Current projection would be to have it processed on Oct 26th. From then, 3 working days for delivery is is the best I've seen in data we have. That makes it Oct 31. You may have to try to pickup the day it reaches BLS, assuming all else goes well. Good luck.
Can we do pick up also at BLS Toronto?

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Hi.. For oci for minor kid, do we need to send any original document like original passport or original birth certificate? Or everything is just self attested copy of documents?
Please confirm
No original documents are required to be sent .. self attested copies are required but make sure you send all the required documents (docs like Parents' surrender certificate are not intuitive but are required)

Reactions: desmat

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
No original documents are required to be sent .. self attested copies are required but make sure you send all the required documents (docs like Parents' surrender certificate are not intuitive but are required)
Parents OCI card is good if you have one.

123carry@

Oct 19, 2023
I applied for Oci for my 2 minor daughters.
Bls tracking is processing at consulate. No records on Oci website. Date of application on bls is Oct 11.
Does this mean application is accepted or they might ask for more info?
You will receive ack most probably next week then you can track on Oci website

mannyp

Mar 21, 2018
For anyone wondering about que wait times at Brampton BLS for walk in application. Here is my experience for today, Saturday Oct 21.
I started to wait in the que at 10pm Friday night, Oct 20th and it took me one hour after opening of office i.e. 9am this morning to get in. Total 13 hours of wait time in que. Surprisingly there weren't many booked appointments which tells me Brampton has very limited slots for appointment and taking alot more walkin applications compared to last few weeks. There were people standing from 10am in the que today morning and they got in too. So its a hit and miss. Sometimes they have crazy line ups and sometimes they don't. The agent at BLS told me they are sending 1000 new applications each day to HCI. They wrote 6 to 8 weeks processing time on my payment slip. Also be prepared to pay $60 per file for corrections and $32 for taking new picture as they will try to find errors in your form or picture. They will convince to you to not choose pickup option only Purolator for delivery. If you do decide to wait overnight in the que, bring a camping chair, place it in the que and you can sleep in your car :p

Last edited:

mannyp

Mar 21, 2018
After how many days we receive ack and how we gonna receive it via email or on bls website?
Submitted at bls brampton
If it was walkin application you should be able to see status on BLS website same day. You will not receive email notification for any status change on your application.