+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

SOORAJ

Jul 18, 2014
I am deliberately choosing to not reply to your post... Its not a political forum

else I can too give a long lecture to others on how to do their own business like this Canadian PM (who anyway no one takes seriously) , but I am not a woke, who believes in any rhetoric.

anyway,, peace ..

One should not book the tickets till the time one's travel documents are completely in place. Or if one booked the tickets well in advance to save some dollars or while you still held Indian passport, I can understand the frustration, but betting on uncertainty is also not a wise decision.
Like you, I don't want to talk about politics here, I am not the one to say who is right or wrong. if there is any diplomatic problem deal with it diplomatically, and do not let suffer common people Beyond politics, contrast the ways in which two nations assist and care for their citizens in these and many other circumstances. Whether you are an immigrant or a Canadian, they never leave you in the dark and will always help you out if you get into problems, we saw it during Covid time and inflation.

Because of our socalled leaders, we should be prepared for any unforeseen event there. What is this ban's benefit( and many bans)? As I stated, it's just another careless choice that will cause us to suffer.

Nobody can tell you how to save money and time; everyone's position is unique, and these kinds of rash decisions place a burden on others. At the very least, we NRIs send millions of dollars in remittances each year, and yet we are treated as if we are garbage. People are planning to celebrate their festival in back home, some are just waiting for their newborn's visa.

This is my view and thought, I hope you are mature enough to respect my view. Thank you!! End of the discussion. Have a great life ahead.

Reactions: softwaretesting

harrynode

May 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
TLU..........: 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
15-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-01-2016
What are the bare minimum documents to upload on the OCI portal under part-B?

I've uploaded Indian and Canadian passport PDF copies

I'm unclear on whether Marriage Certificate and Employment letter are a must.

Both of us are Indian born and have our Indian passports to provide Indian origin.

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi Eas2Lv, i am a new OCI applicant. Pl add my dates to tracker.

OCI for minor child. Dad (myself has OCI already). Walk in at Brampton

Date of submission at Brampton: Oct 18 2023
BLS tracking status: Under processing at CGI
OCI status: No records found
Hi Eas2Lv, Based on my dates above, Do you think i will get my kid's OCI on or before Dec 7th which is my travel date?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

Both of us are Indian born and have our Indian passports to provide Indian origin.
Employment letter is needed to prove you not working for government.

Check this - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Eas2Lv, Based on my dates above, Do you think i will get my kid's OCI on or before Dec 7th which is my travel date?
Its possible, though not without risks. My current projection would be for you to get it in hand on Dec 1st, but lots of uncertainties in that estimate. Wait for Ack to get a better picture. Will you be picking up from BLS Brampton, or opted for courier?

Last edited:

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Its possible, though not without risks. My current projection would be for you to get it in hand on Dec 1st, but lots of uncertainties in that estimate. Wait for Ack to get a better picture. Will you be picking up from BLS Brampton, opted for courier?
Hi Eas2lv, I opted for courier. Also, another question- for minor OCI, will they still have that mandatory 21 day freezing period as there could possibly be no security red flags in case of a minor?

Deepa Solanki

Aug 28, 2018
Lets only keep high hopes that they will continue to process OCI within timelines and will restore Evisas ASAP
Hey , My suitation is almost same as you . I applied for my son OCI on September 25 BLS Vancouver walk in .
Acknowledge on : 30 September since then underprocess my flight is on 10 November

Reactions: pradeep86

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......

There is no clear answer to this question as apart from copies of your current passport and Indian passport (or proof of eligibility), everything else is at the whim and fancy of the BLS agent.
To be safe, especially if this is a postal application, I would definitely include an employment letter. As others have said, it seems it doesn't have to be a formal letter from the employer, a self-declaration of your job details appears to be enough.
I uploaded self-attested copies of current passport, Indian passport, marriage certificate, spouse's OCI card, spouse's passport -- the last two was specifically forced upon me by the BLS agent though I think they are not required. It also depends on whether you have family members with OCI card.
Finally, resist the "bare minimum" attitude -- BLS is hard to please. Err on the side of providing more than what is asked for.

Reactions: Brilliant113