+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Yes that's what I thought too @forw.jane @eas2lv ok I will proceed without uploading address proof and I will just attach the self attested copy. I have my appointment on 27th this month. Let's see I will keep you posted
If you are applying from Montreal. you need to upload address proof as @tetalks did. It can be under any open section (even if that section does not apply to you). They made me do it as well.

Reactions: rockstarcg90

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
If you are applying from Montreal. you need to upload address proof as @tetalks did. It can be under any open section (even if that section does not apply to you). They made me do it as well.
How do you upload the citizenship cert, surrender cert and proof of address? There is no section in the OCI application to upload this.

Mohitashv

Dec 2, 2016
Oh no really.. I thought aftr ack it should b 21 days or so.. Oh gosh.. my flight is on oct 27th.. I dnt evn whn should I change it too.. My ack date is Oct 5th..

Plz keep posted on ur timelines this way I can atleast make some guess..

Oh gosh this is so stressful
These guys are literally giving us the adrenaline rush..

tetalks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2022
How do you upload the citizenship cert, surrender cert and proof of address? There is no section in the OCI application to upload this.
Any open section would do. Indian Visa, for instance, even though it is not the relevant section.

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
OCI Walk-in application @ Vancouver
Date of application @ BLS - 6th Sep, 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment - 12th Sep, 2023
Under-process - 12th Sep, 2023 to 15th Oct, 2023
Documents Printing Status - Processed on 16th Oct, 2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - New Delhi on (No date here yet)
Document received At - Vancouver on (No date here yet))
This gives hope that its still 30days after ack date for Vancouver

Reactions: pradeep86

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Any open section would do. Indian Visa, for instance, even though it is not the relevant section.
Its all BLS BS -- just do whatever they want, this is once in a lifetime ignominy we have to suffer. I did not upload any of those (only included printed attested copies) either for me now or for spouse a few years ago. Nor do I know of anyone else having to do this.

param1234

Oct 4, 2023
BLS Tracker[postal application- Brampton]

Application Date2023-09-29
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

Hi Folks, No record is found on the OCI status inquiry page. Please confirm if you have the same timeline and receive the ackd on the OCI status inquiry.
Finally got the Ack on OCI Status:

Date Of Acknowledgment16-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Finally got the Ack on OCI Status:

Date Of Acknowledgment16-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
Most postal applications with Sep 29 (application date) are getting update today, no movement for walk-ins with same date?

Last edited:

Mk9900

Oct 16, 2023
Hi everyone ,
I have applied OCI for my child through walkin at BLS brampton office

Applied: Sept 09,
Acknowledgment :Sept 21
Processed and received toronto : Oct 13

But the status on BLS website is still Processing at Consulate General. If anyone knows how long it takes for the updation on BLS website?? I am quite worried as our flight is scheduled on Oct 27.

Your response will be appreciated.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi everyone ,
I have applied OCI for my child through walkin at BLS brampton office

Applied: Sept 09,
Acknowledgment :Sept 21
Processed and received toronto : Oct 13

But the status on BLS website is still Processing at Consulate General. If anyone knows how long it takes for the updation on BLS website?? I am quite worried as our flight is scheduled on Oct 27.

Your response will be appreciated.
BLS status will change when they receive the document from the consulate. Generally it takes a couple of days after "processed" for the consulate to sign/stamp the OCI and pass to BLS. Oct 13 was Friday, so expect that to happen today or tomorrow. Flight on Oct 27 looks safe to me though tense. You may want to arrange pickup at BLS (the day they the get it) in case you paid for courier. BLS has a FAQ item on how to do that.

VimalSagar

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Just an update. Submitted OCI app at BLS Montreal today (walk-in). 30 tokens per day.
It is required to upload copies of documents (c) -- (h) of OCI checklist in the Online portal.

I didn't upload Address Proof in the portal. Luckily, they gave me 45 mins to complete the upload and accepted the application.
Hi,

I am going there by next week for surrendering my Wife's India so, Can you please let me know, if it was busy in the morning ? & how much is the wait time approximately ?

thanks

Pradeep Verma

Jul 22, 2018
See tracker linked below. Nov 30 is tight but possible if current trend holds up and all goes well. Good luck.
Thank you for your note, I am checking the OCI site daily, but the acknowledgement is not showing up.. hoping for it to appear soon. I will keep a track on the tracker