+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Oct 16, 2023
You have to apply in your jurisdiction which goes by your residential address. Toronto for pickering residents.
Thanks, so I should probably cancel my appointment in ottawa, I see that toronto didn't open appointment dates for November yet though ottawa did, any idea when the November dates will be open to book appointment.?

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
More like Cortisol :p
Seriously they need to restore Evisas soon.. My flights are booked for 27th Oct and its an urgent trip and I know without Evisa, I have no hope in receiving OCI by that time (ack date Oct 5th) but at the same time I don't even know what should be my rescheduled day.. I decided to change tickets on 24th oct and praying by that time they restore Evisa..

Reactions: ghkn0002

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Seriously they need to restore Evisas soon.. My flights are booked for 27th Oct and its an urgent trip and I know without Evisa, I have no hope in receiving OCI by that time (ack date Oct 5th) but at the same time I don't even know what should be my rescheduled day.. I decided to change tickets on 24th oct and praying by that time they restore Evisa..
Yeah they need to restore the evisas. They are making people who have to travel to India urgently suffer.

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
@aghuman Hi All
Update on blank Given Name:
I went to BLS for pick up and asked one of the employee there who I believe was quite confident in her answers.She said as below:
  1. If Given Name is blank, enter XXX in given name and surname as such in Canadian Passport
  2. Attach a self- declaration stating that applicant has no objection in printing XXX in OCI Card.
Note: Nothing notarized , only self- declaration

Reactions: ghkn0002

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi All
I went to BLS for pick up and asked one of the employee there who I believe was quite confident in her answers.She said as below:
  1. If Given Name is blank, enter XXX in given name and surname as such in Canadian Passport
  2. Attach a self- declaration stating that applicant has no objection in printing XXX in OCI Card.
I have heard this before from others and seems it has worked in the past. But, imo, its so much better to get the name corrected in Canadian passport if you have time. But we'are all in a hurry at this point in time. Just saying.

Last edited:

steveD

Dec 4, 2012
Thanks, so I should probably cancel my appointment in ottawa, I see that toronto didn't open appointment dates for November yet though ottawa did, any idea when the November dates will be open to book appointment.?
I heard one BLS agent saying that it will open from Oct 20th till Oct 26th.

Natie@1

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
OCI minor Application
Brampton BLS Walk-in

Application submitted: 2023-Sept-25
Processing at Consulate General : 2023-Sept-25
OCI acknowledgement- 2023-Oct-17

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Walkin BLS Brampton- Sept 25th
Processing at consulate- Sept 25th
Now application started showing up on OCI site with under process status, is this what acknowledgement from OCI mean?
Yes. Usually there will be an acknowledgement date there as well. Anyway, good news.

aghuman

Jul 18, 2018
@aghuman Hi All
But about travelling
Their will be no issue if name is different in both oci and canadian pp

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......