Status on BLS as below
No records found on OCI status enquiry as of now

Application Date2023-10-06
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

Anyone with similar application date as above..? Thanks

Mk9900

Oct 16, 2023
BLS status will change when they receive the document from the consulate. Generally it takes a couple of days after "processed" for the consulate to sign/stamp the OCI and pass to BLS. Oct 13 was Friday, so expect that to happen today or tomorrow. Flight on Oct 27 looks safe to me though tense. You may want to arrange pickup at BLS (the day they the get it) in case you paid for courier. BLS has a FAQ item on how to do that.
BLS status will change when they receive the document from the consulate. Generally it takes a couple of days after "processed" for the consulate to sign/stamp the OCI and pass to BLS. Oct 13 was Friday, so expect that to happen today or tomorrow. Flight on Oct 27 looks safe to me though tense. You may want to arrange pickup at BLS (the day they the get it) in case you paid for courier. BLS has a FAQ item on how to do that.
Thanks alot for your reply. When I submitted my child’s OCI application, BLS just charged me for courier service without asking me if I wanted or not. I am thinking to email BLS for pickup service and hopefully they will understand and allow to do so.

tetalks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2022
Hi,

I am going there by next week for surrendering my Wife's India so, Can you please let me know, if it was busy in the morning ? & how much is the wait time approximately ?

thanks
Basis my exp, I suggest you reach BLS by 7 am. They are taking ~20-25 mins for each application.

Reactions: VimalSagar

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
How do you upload the citizenship cert, surrender cert and proof of address? There is no section in the OCI application to upload this.
This is what I had done under each section: Hope this helps. **FOR OTTTAWA**

1. Current Passport (Uploaded Canadian Passport) ---> Uploaded Canadian Ppt + Citizenship cert combined in 1 PDF.
2. Employment/Work Letter (Uploaded employment verification letter) --> Uploaded employment letter.
3. Indian Origin Proof (Last held Indian passport) ---> Uploaded Cancelled Indian ppt + Surrender Cert combined in 1 PDF.
4. Indian VISA (Not Applicable) --> Uploaded Address Proof.

Reactions: appar

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Most postal applications with Sep 29 (application date) are getting update today, no movement for walk-ins with same date?
Looks like my application got lost into the pile. Actually, I had sent two applications. One was for minor as well. None of them have acknowledgement. I am probably going to get worried if I don’t hear from them by the end of the week.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Looks like my application got lost into the pile. Actually, I had sent two applications. One was for minor as well. None of them have acknowledgement. I am probably going to get worried if I don’t hear from them by the end of the week.
This is my worry too -- getting lost in the pile...
You once posted yours changed to "Processing at consulate..." on Oct 3, which is like Oct 02 walk-in. Ack may come tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: samjj2

JanP

Sep 29, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
LANDED..........
21-05-2017
Postal application BLS Toronto.
BLS website updates as below.
Received at BLS Oct 13.
Processing at Consulate updated today Oct 16
When did you mail this in btw? I mailed on Wed Oct 11th and it was delivered to BLS on Thurs Oct 12th but no updates on the BLS website yet at all. Says 'No records found' still.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
This gives hope that its still 30days after ack date for Vancouver
Not sure if we can assume the timeline of applications that were submitted well before Sep 21 and hope ours might be the same.

There would have been a huge influx of applications after Sep 21 after the visas were suspended. That would cause the progress to be slower than before.