+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Applied for OCI in person at Brampton for 3 ppl and the lady at the counter insisted as per "new guidelines" I'll need to submit our surrendered Indian passports and Surrender Certificates in original, despite clearly mentioning on the site that Walk-in Applications don't need to submit any originals, just carry them for verification. Anyhow, today the documents are received by Toronto CGI after a month.

Any idea when should I expect my originals back from the date of CGI acknowledgement date?
Today morning when I tracked my application on BLS website it shows the following for my application.

Application StatusIn Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
Processing at Consulate General

The In Transit msg I believe is for the Indian passports (that we were asked to submit) being returned
I believe this will be updated in a day or so with the AWB# of Purolator

yspddr414

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Hello

I have submitted my OCI walk-in application at BLS Brampton location this morning. I am using the reference number listed on the appointment letter to track the application on the BLS website but no records were found.

Am I doing it right?

Where can I find the Application reference number?

yspddr414

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
It takes about 20+ days to update on OCI website
Application# starts with CANTxxx and will be on application that you submitted below the bar code. Same number is on the payment receipt
On BLS track application here https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/track-application.php
Thank you!
Does it take 20+ days for the application status to show up on both BLS & OCI websites?

I was asking the above question to understand if it shows up sooner on the BLS website than the OCI website to show the status such as "in Transit from BLS to Toronto CGI"

How long would it take for the application to reach Toronto CGI from BLS?

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you!
Does it take 20+ days for the application status to show up on both BLS & OCI websites?

I was asking the above question to understand if it shows up sooner on the BLS website than the OCI website to show the status such as "in Transit from BLS to Toronto CGI"

How long would it take for the application to reach Toronto CGI from BLS?
You can get updated on the BLS website on the same day usually. But on the OCI website I have normally noticed a gap of 20+ days.
Usually in a day or 2, BLS will dispatch the application to CGI.

Reactions: yspddr414

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hi Guys

I am in the process of applying for OCI. Wanted to ask do you have to self attest the online uploads? Different places say differnet things. Anyone can clarify?

yspddr414

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Hi Guys

I am in the process of applying for OCI. Wanted to ask do you have to self attest the online uploads? Different places say differnet things. Anyone can clarify?
Nope. I have submitted my application today and I haven't.
You would self attest the physical copies only.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Nope. I have submitted my application today and I haven't.
You would self attest the physical copies only.
Thank you. Here are the documents I am submitting. Are these correct?

Current Passport - Canadian Passport
Employment/Work Letter - Offer Letter
Indian Origin Proof - Cancelled Indian Passport
Indian Visa - COPR

Thats what I think is valid.

However, which category do I upload surrender certificate, citizenship certificate, drivers license etc?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you. Here are the documents I am submitting. Are these correct?

Current Passport - Canadian Passport
Employment/Work Letter - Offer Letter
Indian Origin Proof - Cancelled Indian Passport
Indian Visa - COPR

Thats what I think is valid.

However, which category do I upload surrender certificate, citizenship certificate, drivers license etc?
For Adult Application we uploaded the following:
  • CURRENT PASSPORT - Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back)
  • EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER
  • SPOUSE PASSPORT- Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back) (if you are married)
  • PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF - Combine pdf and include (first and last page) of the Indian Passport and Surrender Certificate

Reactions: wickerman

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
For Adult Application we uploaded the following:
  • CURRENT PASSPORT - Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back)
  • EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER
  • SPOUSE PASSPORT- Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back) (if you are married)
  • PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF - Combine pdf and include (first and last page) of the Indian Passport and Surrender Certificate
And you didnt self attest anything that you uploaded right? Did your OCI get processed?

Jan 10, 2023
Question
For postal applications for minor born in Canada
1. Which thumb impression is need right or left for boy
2. Do I need to mail any original like birth certificate with the application by purolator or just self attested copy of every uploaded document?

theleo

Oct 2, 2013
My OCI application has acknowledgement at Vancouver on Dec 22, It’s exactly a month now and it’s still under process. Is it taking so long at Vancouver or I’m Special?