+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Question
For postal applications for minor born in Canada
1. Which thumb impression is need right or left for boy
2. Do I need to mail any original like birth certificate with the application by purolator or just self attested copy of every uploaded document?
for boy it is left thumb.....not sure about the original

Reactions: manas.kapoor10

sapower

Jan 17, 2022
My OCI application has acknowledgement at Vancouver on Dec 22, It’s exactly a month now and it’s still under process. Is it taking so long at Vancouver or I’m Special?
OCI acknowledgement date is Dec28, submitted Surrey, still under process..
waiting for printing status to come up

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
Hi Guys, Is there any blog/post/thread/forum where all the steps are mentioned about passport surrender process in some bullet points or notes as it would be easy to understand the whole process? Thank you

Jan 10, 2023
If anyone has done postal application for OCI for minor born in Canada.
Could you kindly let me know if you submitted just the attested photocopies of all the required documents, especially the birth certificate??
Wanted to know if I have to send the original birth certificate of the child while mailing the OCi application for Minor??

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
If anyone has done postal application for OCI for minor born in Canada.
Could you kindly let me know if you submitted just the attested photocopies of all the required documents, especially the birth certificate??
Wanted to know if I have to send the original birth certificate of the child while mailing the OCi application for Minor??
A friend of mine based in Regina recently applied for OCI in December for him and minor kids, I checked with him, he said he only sent self attested copies of all documents and did not provide any originals in the postal application
Just to be sure go through the checklists and also speak to BLS to verify if they require originals or not

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023
A friend of mine based in Regina recently applied for OCI in December for him and minor kids, I checked with him, he said he only sent elf attested copies of all documents and did not provide any originals in the postal application
Thank you for your response. Does the same applies to Toronto Brampton BLS office as well of you have any idea ☺?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I hv these 3 queries about OCI application form.

1. On application form it's mandatorily asking 'Visible Mark'. What do I need to mention?

2. It's also asking for National Identification Number. What do I hv to mention?

3. It's also asking for previous passport no. Do I mention my canceled Indian passport no?

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hi, I hv these 3 queries about OCI application form.

1. On application form it's mandatorily asking 'Visible Mark'. What do I need to mention?

2. It's also asking for National Identification Number. What do I hv to mention?

3. It's also asking for previous passport no. Do I mention my canceled Indian passport no?
here read this and I think abbas had posted some time back

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

I found this one somewhere on BLS which has detailed instructions on what to fill.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Form-Filling-Instructions.pdf

Reactions: abbas.pasha
Jan 10, 2023
Under applicant information

Country Of BirthINDIA
Birth(State)MAHARASHTRA
Place Of BirthMUMBAI

is this correct or should the place of birth field be MUMBAI IND as per Canadian passport??

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Under applicant information

Country Of BirthINDIA
Birth(State)MAHARASHTRA
Place Of BirthMUMBAI

is this correct or should the place of birth field be MUMBAI IND as per Canadian passport??
Place of birth should be just Mumbai.
My Indian passport had Mumbai MS as the place of birth
Canadian Passport has Mumbai IND as there place of birth

Last edited: