+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

tetalks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2022
Does it ask for address proof? I saw list of documents in the option and I uploaded only whatever is relevant to me. How did you re-upload? started the process all over again?
No, it doesn't. It seems we have to upload anyway. I was told I can upload in any section in the dropdown.

No, we don't have to start the process. There is a section to upload/re-upload the documents. I uploaded my document in the Indian Visa section and reprinted the application.

Reactions: rockstarcg90

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello, I walked in to BLS bramton for OCI renwel (after turning 20) On September 8th
Date of ACK - September 25th 2023
How long has it been taking recently?

I have a flight October 22nd. What are my chances of getting my new OCI Card?
Can I travel with a copy of my old OCI and old passport ?
As no one has responded, I will try:
We do not seem to have any recent reports here of OCI renewal after turning 20. But if the timeline of fresh OCI applies to your case, you could see yours processed in a week or so -- see the timeline in the tracker I maintain (link below). Oct 22 is touch and go but not impossible.

You cannot travel with a copy of OCI -- original is required. OCI renewal after 20 is required only when you get your next passport, not just on turning 20. Otherwise you can travel with the old OCI. Is that your case?

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
OCI Walk-in application @ Vancouver
Date of application @ BLS - 6th Sep, 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment - 12th Sep, 2023
Under-process - 12th Sep, 2023 to 15th Oct, 2023
Documents Printing Status - Processed on 16th Oct, 2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - New Delhi on (No date here yet)
Document received At - Vancouver on (No date here yet))

Reactions: pradeep86

aaravchugh

Oct 16, 2023
As no one has responded, I will try:
We do not seem to have any recent reports here of OCI renewal after turning 20. But if the timeline of fresh OCI applies to your case, you could see yours processed in a week or so -- see the timeline in the tracker I maintain (link below). Oct 22 is touch and go but not impossible.

You cannot travel with a copy of OCI -- original is required. OCI renewal after 20 is required only when you get your next passport, not just on turning 20. Otherwise you can travel with the old OCI. Is that your case?
Yes I got a new passport. And handed in my old OCI. Didn’t know it would be such a hassle. And thought i would just apply for visa, but let’s hope for the best

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
No, it doesn't. It seems we have to upload anyway. I was told I can upload in any section in the dropdown.

No, we don't have to start the process. There is a section to upload/re-upload the documents. I uploaded my document in the Indian Visa section and reprinted the application.
Thanks for the heads up @tetalks

@forw.jane have you encountered any such cases? Just double checking before my submission.

Pradeep Verma

Jul 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need some help or direction here, I have my tickets booked for Nov 30.

Submitted in person OCI application at BLS Brampton center on October 10
Current status on BLS tracking show - processing at consulate general
OCI tracking - no such records found

what is the current timeline for receiving the OCI card and how soon the status on OCI website is getting updated?

Thanks,

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Does it ask for address proof? I saw list of documents in the option and I uploaded only whatever is relevant to me. Below are the list of documents I saw in the option,
1. Current Passport (Uploaded Canadian Passport)
2. Employment/Work Letter (Uploaded employment verification letter)
3. Indian Origin Proof (Last held Indian passport)
4. Marriage Certificate (Uploaded)
5. Spouse Passport (Uploaded)
6. Indian VISA (Not Applicable)
7. Joint Declaration of Subsisting of Marriage (Not Applicable)
8. PIO card (Not applicable)
9. Relationship Certificate (not Applicable)
10. Spouse OCI Card (Not Applicable)

Am I missing something? I also checked re-upload option and I did not see address proof
BLS is inconsistent. I do not think address proof need to be uploaded (only attach a self-attested copy). This was also confirmed by a fussy BLS agent (Toronto) who processed mine.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

Need some help or direction here, I have my tickets booked for Nov 30.

Submitted in person OCI application at BLS Brampton center on October 10
Current status on BLS tracking show - processing at consulate general
OCI tracking - no such records found

what is the current timeline for receiving the OCI card and how soon the status on OCI website is getting updated?

Thanks,
See tracker linked below. Nov 30 is tight but possible if current trend holds up and all goes well. Good luck.