+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My wife’s friend applied for OCI at Toronto BLS today. She mentioned that, they continue to accept OCI applications, as confirmed from the staff.
This is really good to know. But would be better to see people actually getting there surrender certificate and OCI. This would prove that they processing it too and not just sitting on it. Currently both the OCI and Surrender Passport thread is lacking these messages.

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
So, I am going send these docs.
1. checklist for OCI submission
2. Online OCI application form
3. Surrender certificate (Original)
4. Indian PP ( copy with cancelled page- self-signed)
5. Cit certificate (signed copy)
6. Canadian PP (signed copy)
7. Employment letter
8. Copy of internet bill for proof of address
9. Fees (2 DDs for postal applications)
10. Photo ( one 2x2 inches)
Please can someone confirm if this is correct. Let me know if I am missing something. (NO ORIGINALS INCLUDED EXCEPT ORIGINAL SURRENDER CERTIFICATE)
Thanks!
@forw.jane
Please can you let me know if these docs are good for submission or I am missing something.
Thanks for your help

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
@forw.jane
Please can you let me know if these docs are good for submission or I am missing something.
Thanks for your help
Hi,
That looks good, but I am no expert as I just sent my application. However, I sent copy of surrender certificate as when I called BLS, the lady on the phone told me no originals, everything only copy.

Reactions: mtlcanada

nizam0317

Jun 20, 2018
Hello Everyone.

Urgent help please

I have applied for Citizenship for me and my wife.

Booked tickets to attend my brother's Wedding. Our flight is on September 29th 2023

First i thought our citizenship application will not get processed this fast, as we applied in Feb 2023.

Luckily or unluckily we got our oath invitation took our oath on September 8th. Applied for passport on 11th and got passport on 18th .

Had a delay as I need to correct my wife name in ticket as first name is xxx in new Canadian passport.

Was about to apply for E-visa on September 21st. But as soon as I woke up I got this news of visa ban.

Still applied for E-Visa and status is in processing.

We have Canadian passport and Indian passport (did not surrender yet)

I have US Visa on Indian passport but my wife does not.

I don't think I will get my E-visa before September 29th

Let me know if there is any way for me to travel. Can I travel on Indian passport.

Please guide.

• Sad
Reactions: softwaretesting

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone.

Urgent help please

Booked tickets to attend my brother's Wedding. Our flight is on September 29th 2023

First i thought our citizenship application will not get processed this fast, as we applied in Feb 2023.

Luckily or unluckily we got our oath invitation took our oath on September 8th. Applied for passport on 11th and got passport on 18th .

Had a delay as I need to correct my wife name in ticket as first name is xxx in new Canadian passport.

Was about to apply for E-visa on September 21st. But as soon as I woke up I got this news of visa ban.

Let me know if there is any way for me to travel. Can I travel on Indian passport.

Please guide.
Read through it
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-affected-by-indian-visa-services-being-halted.823077/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-passport-surrender.771938/post-10616361

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10616169

You wont get a definite answer as this was not done and documented in this forum before. You simply have to rely on your own judgment and instinct.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone.

Urgent help please

Please guide.
If your wife does not have US visa then someone had suggested another option. Although I am not sure if anyone actually used it. They suggested to go to Nepal & then take flight to Canada from there.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
This is really good to know. But would be better to see people actually getting there surrender certificate and OCI. This would prove that they processing it too and not just sitting on it. Currently both the OCI and Surrender Passport thread is lacking these messages.
Yes, this is something that we are also keen to know. Acceptance is one thing, but processing, issuance and delivery of the OCI is another. Our 3 applications were acknowledged 13th Sept

RickC

Sep 21, 2023
Is there anyone who received OCI from BLS Brampton in the last week and would be able to share their timeline.

Divank

Oct 14, 2022
My OCI application got updated yesterday, processing is completed and has been sent back to Toronto. OCI application are still being processed based on my case I believe.

Reactions: write2rtd