+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Meetamera naam

Aug 16, 2023
From last 2 weeks my oci status just paused at counter delivery to bls centre after oci stamping. Is anyone please help me what to do ? I needed the oci urgently

Wick.J

Aug 18, 2023
Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding the OCI application. I have checked numerous threads, BLS info and Youtube vidoes but still seeing a lot of conflicting information. If someone could clarify that would be highly appreciated.

1. National Identification Number: do we need to submit this field? some says its citizenship #, other say its SIN.
2. Previous Passport #: Is this referring to my cancelled Indian passport? I was under the impression its Canadian passport but BLS customer service agent said its indian passport.
3. This might be a rare case. I did a legal name change after getting Canadian citizenship. I have the name change certificate, but BLS wants me to add an affidavit as well. So the question is, do I need to upload this online or just physical copy when I submit at BLS?
4 and 5 are nuances and I think I know the answer but I ll ask anyways. I wouldnt be surprised if this is true.

4. Indian Visa - I saw COPR is mentioned to be uploaded here. Is that true?
5. Self Declaration for Single individuals - Do I need to upload any document like this since I am not married?

I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried to check a lot on this thread but its too big to cover everything in short time.

Thanks
3. I went through the same thing. Just to be on safe side I scanned the affidavit with Canadian passport and citizenship certificate in same file and uploaded it.

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
1. Nothing to be filled. It's not a mandatory field.
2. You are filling Canadian passport details so previous passport no will be empty.
3. Will let others chime in
4. Not needed
5. Will let others chime in
I talked to BLS customer service number and they said no need to upload Affidavit and Name Change Cert online. Just putting it out there if someone else looking for it.

I noticed that the postal code in my application is coming up twice. Looking at this thread, someone's application was rejected due to this? Should I do the application all over again?

Also do I need to "self attest" documents uploaded online?

Thanks a lot for your help.

letitsnownow

Aug 3, 2023
From last 2 weeks my oci status just paused at counter delivery to bls centre after oci stamping. Is anyone please help me what to do ? I needed the oci urgently
2 weeks.. that's a long time
My application is in same status since 11th Sep. Now I am worried too :)

BLS: Brampton
OCI Walk-in Application Date : 2023-08-05

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I talked to BLS customer service number and they said no need to upload Affidavit and Name Change Cert online. Just putting it out there if someone else looking for it.

I noticed that the postal code in my application is coming up twice. Looking at this thread, someone's application was rejected due to this? Should I do the application all over again?

Also do I need to "self attest" documents uploaded online?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Sammy itna zayada naa soch...
no need to upload self attest document. Only when you submit it to BLS submit those as self attested documents

• Haha
Reactions: Sammy3

letitsnownow

Aug 3, 2023
2 weeks.. that's a long time
My application is in same status since 11th Sep. Now I am worried too :)

BLS: Brampton
OCI Walk-in Application Date : 2023-08-05
*****UPDATE*****
Just received my OCI card. Here are the timelines for the reference

Walkin: Brampton BLS

Application Date(BLS site) 05-AUG- 2023

OCI portal
Date Of Acknowledgment 18-AUG-2023
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 08-SEP-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 09-SEP-2023
Document received At TORONTO On 09-SEP-2023

BLS site
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) 11-Sep-2023
OCI card delivered (status on BLS site not updated so far) 14-SEP-2023

Thank you for all the suggestions on this thread!!

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Sammy itna zayada naa soch...
no need to upload self attest document. Only when you submit it to BLS submit those as self attested documents
Yeah I am stressing too much I know lol. Previous BLS experiences were not that great and it gives me anxiety dealing with BLS.
Thanks for your response. Appreciate it.

Rachna12

Aug 1, 2023
Hello,
my date of acknowledgement is 17 august 2023 but its still says under process on oci website. any idea how long it can take to get processed? (Vancouver mission)