+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
for the self attestation of documents,what to do with minor applicant?
sholud the parents able to sign it or the child's thumb needed on each document?
If the minor can just write their name in the supporting document it would be fine as well
Else just let the parents sign the supporting documents

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
e Tourist visa 30 days/1 year/ 5 year?
Is the 1 or 5 year visa going to be a multiple entry or single entry through which we can enter as many time during the validity?
Also how much is the fee for 30 days/1 & 5 year visa?
TIA

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
e Tourist visa 30 days/1 year/ 5 year?
Is the 1 or 5 year visa going to be a multiple entry or single entry through which we can enter as many time during the validity?
Also how much is the fee for 30 days/1 & 5 year visa?
TIA
Check the FAQ section... https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

• Q9. What is the validity of e-Visa?
    Ans- The validity of e-Visa would be according to the e-Visa service you have requested in the application form as -
       For e-Tourist Visa (01 year / 05 years), the validity would be 365 days / 05 years from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and Maximum stay in India during one Calender Year should not exceed 180 days.
       For e-Tourist Visa (30 days), the validity would be 30 days from the date of your first arrival in India. Double entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport. Your first
       arrival must be between the date of issue and expiry of ETA.
       For e-Business Visa, the validity would be 365 days from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and continuous stay during each visit which shall not exceed 180 days and no registration would be
       required if stay is for a period of less than 180 days. However, if the intention is to stay for more than 180 days, then the foreigner shall get himself/herself registered with the FRRO/FRO concerned
       (https://indianfrro.gov.in) within two weeks after the expiry of 180 days of his/her arrival in India.
       For e-Conference Visa, the validity would be 30 days from the date of arrival in India with Single entry.
       For e-Medical Visa, the validity would be 60 days from the date of first arrival in India and triple entry will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport.
       For e-Medical Attendant Visa, the validity would be 60 days from the date of first arrival in India and triple entry will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport.

Reactions: mtlcanada

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hi everyone,

Confusion in OCi application online form. My wife’s last name is changed to my last name after marriage and her Indian and Canadian passport is with a new last name but a marriage certificate with her old last name. I am wondering if should I skip the “Have you ever changed your name part or need to fill in her previous last name?

Her first name is not changed but just her last name changed after marriage.

Thank you
Please do not choose Yes to Have you ever changed your name? This is only required in case your names on Indian and Canadian passport are different. BLS will reject it and ask you to redo if you do so.

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Check the FAQ section... https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

• Q9. What is the validity of e-Visa?
    Ans- The validity of e-Visa would be according to the e-Visa service you have requested in the application form as -
       For e-Tourist Visa (01 year / 05 years), the validity would be 365 days / 05 years from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and Maximum stay in India during one Calender Year should not exceed 180 days.
       For e-Tourist Visa (30 days), the validity would be 30 days from the date of your first arrival in India. Double entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport. Your first
       arrival must be between the date of issue and expiry of ETA.
       For e-Business Visa, the validity would be 365 days from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and continuous stay during each visit which shall not exceed 180 days and no registration would be
       required if stay is for a period of less than 180 days. However, if the intention is to stay for more than 180 days, then the foreigner shall get himself/herself registered with the FRRO/FRO concerned
       (https://indianfrro.gov.in) within two weeks after the expiry of 180 days of his/her arrival in India.
       For e-Conference Visa, the validity would be 30 days from the date of arrival in India with Single entry.
       For e-Medical Visa, the validity would be 60 days from the date of first arrival in India and triple entry will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport.
       For e-Medical Attendant Visa, the validity would be 60 days from the date of first arrival in India and triple entry will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport.
Thanks for all of your responses.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
I got my OCI card today. Applied on May 1 and delivered on May 29 which is pretty quick though I think the Vancouver office tends to be quicker at processing things, my surrender application was processed in 5 days.

I am confused about the renewal process though. The next time I renew my Canadian passport do I have to renew the OCI as well or is it only the first time I do it?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I got my OCI card today. Applied on May 1 and delivered on May 29 which is pretty quick though I think the Vancouver office tends to be quicker at processing things, my surrender application was processed in 5 days.

I am confused about the renewal process though. The next time I renew my Canadian passport do I have to renew the OCI as well or is it only the first time I do it?
Pahle.. let your passport grow old than think about renewals ;)

Ab agar ye hua to kya ;).. to iske ye padho
https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome (under OCI Miscellaneous Service)
  • To avail Miscellaneous Service, you must be an existing OCI Card Holder
  • In case the existing OCI card holder wishes to update/upload the latest information about his latest passport, Change in address/Occupation/Contact details, the OCI card holder can select the option/(s) as given below and upload the latest photograph and requisite documents. These details shall be updated into the OCI system records and an acknowledgement shall be shared with OCI card holder on his/her registered email ID. The services under these categories are gratis in nature:
    1. In case issuance of new Passport Details (each time a new passport is issued up to 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age)
    2. In case change in address/occupation/contact details.
  • These Misc services can be availed for re-issuance of OCI Card as well as updating the information time to time as mentioned in the MHA notification dated 16th April, 2021. The re-issuance of new OCI card will be applicable for following categories:
    1. In case of issuance of new passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age.)
  • 2. In case of change of personal particulars viz. name, father's name, nationality etc.
    3. In case of loss/damage of OCI registration certificate.
  • In case of Renunciation of OCI Card.

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
I have a property and a vehicle which I bought in India under my name. Will having a citizenship make any impact on them?
Can I still possess it under my name or I have to sell/transfer it?
Is there any web link to govt. explaining these questions. Thanks!
Note: I’m sorry if questions as such posted in this thread. Just didn’t want to go through 895 posts to find answer, lol. And Thanks for your inputs.

Last edited:

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hi All,
I am applying for OCI for my self, spouse and my child (minor).
I have compleated form for me and my spouse.
Do we have same form for minor?
I used same link and filled child's form but while uploading documents I was expecting options of parents passport. But it was showing same list like adult ( marriage certificate and all).
@abbas.pasha bhai need your expert advice.

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All,
I am applying for OCI for my self, spouse and my child (minor).
I have compleated form for me and my spouse.
Do we have same form for minor?
I used same link and filled child's form but while uploading documents I was expecting options of parents passport. But it was showing same list like adult ( marriage certificate and all).
@abbas.pasha bhai need your expert advice.

Thanks
Form is the same
Upload the following documents:
- CURRENT PASSPORT: (Child) Canadian Passport, Citizenship and Birth certificate.. (Both parents) Canadian Passport, citizenship certificate as one pdf document
PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF: (Child) Indian Passport, Surrender certificate.. (Both parents) Indian Passport, Surrender certificate as one pdf document
- MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE: Parents marriage certificate
- although not required but you can upload parents employment letters.

Make sure when you submit the documents to BLS sign off the additional form for NoC and include the photographs on it (the NoC is not required to be uploaded)

Last edited:

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Form is the same
Upload the following documents:
- CURRENT PASSPORT: (Child) Canadian Passport, Citizenship and Birth certificate.. (Both parents) Canadian Passport, citizenship certificate as one pdf document
PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF: (Child) Indian Passport, Surrender certificate.. (Both parents) Indian Passport, Surrender certificate as one pdf document
- MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE: Parents marriage certificate
- although not required but you can upload parents employment letters.

Make sure when you submit the documents to BLS sign off the additional form for NoC and include the photographs on it (the NoC is not required to be uploaded)
Thanks @abbas.pasha ,

much appreciated.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
Hi guys, need your help.

I submitted application for OCI and when checked the status on Vancouver bls site it had typo in middle name. However my application form is correct.

Current status is below.

Application Status Processing at Consulate General

Should I contact them or it just website typo ? Thank you in advance.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi guys, need your help.

I submitted application for OCI and when checked the status on Vancouver bls site it had typo in middle name. However my application form is correct.

Current status is below.

Application Status Processing at Consulate General

Should I contact them or it just website typo ? Thank you in advance.
Contact them and ask them to rectify