Timeline for my OCI application is below:
Date of walk-in application at BLS Surrey 6-MARCH-2023
Date Of Acknowledgment 10-MARCH-2023
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 31-MAR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI) NEW DELHI On 31-MAR-2023
Document received At TORONTO On 31-MAR-2023
Received the OCI card on 5 APRIL-2023
Wow!! That seems to be super fast. Lucky you!!

Reactions: S.loey

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello Everyone.
Timeline for my OCI application is below:
Date of walk-in application at BLS Surrey 6-MARCH-2023
Date Of Acknowledgment 10-MARCH-2023
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 31-MAR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI) NEW DELHI On 31-MAR-2023
Document received At TORONTO On 31-MAR-2023
Received the OCI card on 5 APRIL-2023
Nice, congratulations. I hope to submit mine next week. What was your experience at BLS Surrey? Did you have to go early morning and wait in a line? I am midway between Surrey and Vancouver. Wondering which is a better option for walk-in.

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
No worries . I also submitted exactly at Feb 25th . and still under process for me and family. Please update here if you see any progress in your case , and I will also do same.
Hello,

My status just got updated. Following is my timeline:-

OCI Submission Walkin @ Brampton Feb. 25,2023
DOA Mar. 15, 2023
Registration Status at Mission Toronto
Documents Printing Status Processed (Apr. 6, 2023)
Dispatched from MEA New Delhi (Apr. 6, 2023)
Document received at Toronto (Apr. 6, 2023)

Aug 16, 2021
Date of submission -21 Feb walk- in Brampton
Applicant Name
File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment10-MAR-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn31-MAR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn31-MAR-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn31-MAR

Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping- 3 April 2023
Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping -5 April 2023
Purolator delivered passport today- 6 April 2023

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hello forum members, I am looking at applying for OCI for Minor born in India. It mentions, "Professional Details of the applicant" as point (g) on the checklist. Is this valid for minors and if so, what is the document and where to get it?

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
thank you! although i have a few weeks to go before i can submit (i submitted my pp surrender application today itself :D ), i am just using some free time to punch in all data online. family of 4, so loads of data entry!
Does the online in-process application for OCI expire in few days if one does not proceed with it? I was planning to fill in the details and keep it ready for submission however saw somewhere that this is valid only for 5 days (in case you do not complete it and submit)

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Does the online in-process application for OCI expire in few days if one does not proceed with it? I was planning to fill in the details and keep it ready for submission however saw somewhere that this is valid only for 5 days (in case you do not complete it and submit)
i didn't even complete it. cos it is technically incorrect since i still haven't given up my Indian citizenship.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Anyone who has questions about BLS keeping originals during OCI applications, raise a query with CGI Toronto using sampark and show the staff printout of the response. CGI Toronto may take few days to respond to your query.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/enquiry.php?sid=4

@wincanton Thank you for this post. I sent a query via Sampark, and received the reply within the hour. They mentioned that original SC is not required only copy, so will keep a copy of the response for BLS folks in case they try to pull one over me.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hello forum members, I am looking at applying for OCI for Minor born in India. It mentions, "Professional Details of the applicant" as point (g) on the checklist. Is this valid for minors and if so, what is the document and where to get it?
Got a response from CGI Toronto that this is not required for minors.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Take the print out of CGI feedback and attach along with your application when you submit at BLS.
A question not do with oic - but hopefully somebody might know the answer?

Anybody here who has sold a house in india after moving to Canada, i have a question on how to arrive at the value of the property say 4 tears ago when you moved so it can be compared to current sale amount for profit/loss purposes to file returns..

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
A question not do with oic - but hopefully somebody might know the answer?

Anybody here who has sold a house in india after moving to Canada, i have a question on how to arrive at the value of the property say 4 tears ago when you moved so it can be compared to current sale amount for profit/loss purposes to file returns..
which itr are u referring to - India or Canada? value of property is the amount for which you got sale deed registry done n received in your a/c. or are you referring to indexation?