+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@abbas.pasha - in OCI document checklist. I've couple of doubts

(g) Professional Details of the applicant - is this offer letter ?
(o) NOC signed by both parents - Any format of form we have which we need to print and sign ?

Please help

psan

Mar 31, 2023
Do I have to submit my Canadian passport when applying for OCI? I need my Canadian passport to travel.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Do I have to submit my Canadian passport when applying for OCI? I need my Canadian passport to travel.
Not required to submit your Canadian passport

But if you are submitting in person you need to bring your originals along for verification

They may however keep the surrender certificate and/or cancelled Indian passport

if you are submitting via post, then only send self attested copies by post

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha - in OCI document checklist. I've couple of doubts

(g) Professional Details of the applicant - is this offer letter ?
(o) NOC signed by both parents - Any format of form we have which we need to print and sign ?

Please help
Expiernce letter current dated will be ideal

There is a NOC sample on the BLS website https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/no-objection-letter.pdf
Which has to be filled, signed and include photos of each parents per child

Last edited:

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hello everyone, any help on the below please

Indian passport has
given name - jaspreet singh
family name - (empty)

Canadian passport
given name - xxx
family name - Jaspreet Singh

in the OCI application it asks for the previous name. when i saw the sample form online on BLS website it says " if Indian passport has different name, mention it here and in the form filling instructions it says i need to submit affidavit as well.

can anyone please guide on this. @abbas.pasha @2017CanadaHo!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

Indian passport has
family name - (empty)

Canadian passport
given name - xxx

in the OCI application it asks for the previous name. when i saw the sample form online on BLS website it says " if Indian passport has different name, mention it here and in the form filling instructions it says i need to submit affidavit as well.

How did Jaspreet Singh end up as a family name in your Canadian passport? Isn't that a given name?

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
How did Jaspreet Singh end up as a family name in your Canadian passport? Isn't that a given name?
yes, jaspreet singh is the given name in my indian passport.
BUT when there isn't any last name in the indian passport, the given name in indian passport becomes the last name in canadian passport and xxx is used as first name

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Indian passport has
family name - (empty)

Canadian passport
given name - xxx

I think an affidavit would be required.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10377852

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other

Indian passport has
family name - (empty)

Canadian passport
given name - xxx

also i am honored if you are asking me and @abbas.pasha a question together, but mere prabhu don't put so much hopes or pressure on me. i am nowhere close to the knowledge bank that he is!!