+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

sachinfromNB

May 13, 2022
I am applying OCI for family by post, I called BLS and they confirmed that I don't have to send any original document by post just photocopies, is it true? anyone has done the same recently.

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Update:
  1. In Person application submitted at BLS - 17th Jan
  2. Surrendered Indian Passport Received via Purolator - 10th Feb
  3. Latest status on OCI tracking (https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury) - The specified URL is inaccessible at this time. Please try after some time
Any idea when will the OCI tracking show some status , instead of error? Also, by when can I actually expect OCI to be delivered?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Update:
  3. Latest status on OCI tracking (https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury) - The specified URL is inaccessible at this time. Please try after some time
Any idea when will the OCI tracking show some status , instead of error? Also, by when can I actually expect OCI to be delivered?
20+ days after you submit your OCI in person at BLS Toronto/Brampton.

Reactions: sayedsameer84

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Update:
You have to wait for 3+ weeks to get acknowledgement for Toronto mission applications and further 3+ weeks for OCI Printing etc and 1 more week for courier delivery

LeeMan2007

Aug 23, 2016
  1. Postal application submitted at BLS toronto - 2 feb
  2. Surrendered Indian Passport Received via Purolator - 10th Dec.
  3. Received Originals back at home via Post - 15 Feb.
  4. I dont know how to track my OCI status. I didnt receive any acknowledgement .
Kindly advise

Last edited:

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
20+ days after you submit your OCI in person at BLS Toronto/Brampton.
Thanks , it has been 20 working days (excluding Sat and Sun) from 17th Jan till now.

So, just to confirm - the only thing I can do now is to keep checking OCI status and hope to see acknowledgement some day instead of the error message?

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
You have to wait for 3+ weeks to get acknowledgement for Toronto mission applications and further 3+ weeks for OCI Printing etc and 1 more week for courier delivery
I should have confirmed in the original post. Application was submitted in person at BLS Toronto on 17th Jan. BLS Tracking status showed an update around 3rd Feb and surrendered passport received via Purolator on 10th Feb.

So, are you suggesting another 2+ weeks for OCI printing .i.e. I will be able to see OCI status online only after 2 weeks?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks , it has been 20 working days (excluding Sat and Sun) from 17th Jan till now.

So, just to confirm - the only thing I can do now is to keep checking OCI status and hope to see acknowledgement some day instead of the error message?
Yes keep checking the OCI portal for the status, you should get the acknowledgment update any day.

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hello Fellow members,

I would like to know where we can get photographs taken for the OCI application, i believe we need to upload the soft copy on the OCI website, which studio in Brampton provides this service. Also I am planning to apply OCI for my new born, do i need bring the new born to the BLS office.

Regards,
Keny

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Fellow members,

I would like to know where we can get photographs taken for the OCI application, i believe we need to upload the soft copy on the OCI website, which studio in Brampton provides this service. Also I am planning to apply OCI for my new born, do i need bring the new born to the BLS office.

Regards,
Keny
Walmart can do that or you can visit BLS Brampton and get the photograph clicked.
Minor's are not required for the in person submission

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Walmart can do that or you can visit BLS Brampton and get the photograph clicked.
Minor's are not required for the in person submission
Thank you for the prompt reply. Do i need an appointment to get the photographs at BLS. Also, does the photographs submitted for the surrender certificate need to be same as OCI

Regards,
Keny

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you for the prompt reply. Do i need an appointment to get the photographs at BLS. Also, does the photographs submitted for the surrender certificate need to be same as OCI

Regards,
Keny
I think you do not need an appointment. You can do a walk in in the afternoon half from between Mon-Fri between 3:00 - 4:30 pm.
But to double check call BLS on 289 498-1320 to reconfirm