+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
so would @jsjaspreet93 get OCI with xxx Jaspreet Singh (matching the OCI with his travel document the Canadian pp) or as Jaspreet Singh (keeping the mismatch, but matching with Indian pp)?
now that is another question I have to think about but preferably the option that the OCI matches with the Canadian pp.

any suggestions.
the thing is I have an appointment tomorrow at BLS and right now I am in a tight spot

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
so would @jsjaspreet93 get OCI with xxx Jaspreet Singh (matching the OCI with his travel document the Canadian pp) or as Jaspreet Singh (keeping the mismatch, but matching with Indian pp)?
Haan I think the affidavit should do the trick.
Thats what BLS website says if there is a anomaly in the info between Indian and Canadian PP, then an affidavit is required

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Haan I think the affidavit should do the trick.
Thats what BLS website says if there is a anomaly in the info between Indian and Canadian PP, then an affidavit is required
thanks @abbas.pasha @2017CanadaHo! for your help. Just got off the call with BLS and they told me to get an affidavit otherwise it wont work. earlier I called a week ago and was told no need for affidavit but everything turned upside down when I called BLS today after reading few threads today morning,

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
thanks @abbas.pasha @2017CanadaHo! for your help. Just got off the call with BLS and they told me to get an affidavit otherwise it wont work. earlier I called a week ago and was told no need for affidavit but everything turned upside down when I called BLS today after reading few threads today morning,
arrey, affidavit is definitely needed. i think i read it somewhere online too. i was only complicating your life by asking which name will u maintain!

as for BLS guidance - it is like sunrise n sunset. if someone doesn't know the sunrise/set concept - he gets surprised every morning arrey waah ye aag ka gola aa gaya asmaan mein. and every evening arrey waah ye gaayab ho gaya. but if someone knows, then he knows the pattern and the reason.

same for BLS. none of you have been able to figure out that they follow odd-even formula. different advice on odd dates vs even.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
A (so called) patriot's shallow view:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/opinion/citizenship-renouncers-are-the-new-colonials-call-them-desi-colonials-10353731.html

Hope it does not attract attention of certain crowd and create problems. Instead of asking hard questions like why people are renouncing, I am not sure how changing OCI to OCIO would solve the problem.
wow!

what is wrong in trying to seek the best for yourself n family?

i love how "recent" inhabitants term everyone "more" recent as migrants. aren't we all migrants, just need to look back 100s of years? isn't it that everyone who's representing a land like a thekedaar, is there cos their parents or grandparents moved to that land at some point of time in the past?

someone had an argument with me when I was commenting on certain state of affairs in IN - reminding me that i don't have the right to, and that i am disqualified now, and that if i'm so concerned, why did i leave, etc.
- aise kaise. aren't there domestic migrants too? who move from smaller or not so small towns to the metros for job opportunities. do they relinquish their right to speak about municipal, civil, law n order or any other matters in their home towns? do those guys forcibly give up their concern for their motherland? those guys too got (say) that state government/political party funded education, vaccines etc. and moved to another state to generate income n give taxes there.

Reactions: softwaretesting

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
wow!

what is wrong in trying to seek the best for yourself n family?

i love how "recent" inhabitants term everyone "more" recent as migrants. aren't we all migrants, just need to look back 100s of years? isn't it that everyone who's representing a land like a thekedaar, is there cos their parents or grandparents moved to that land at some point of time in the past?

someone had an argument with me when I was commenting on certain state of affairs in IN - reminding me that i don't have the right to, and that i am disqualified now, and that if i'm so concerned, why did i leave, etc.
- aise kaise. aren't there domestic migrants too? who move from smaller or not so small towns to the metros for job opportunities. do they relinquish their right to speak about municipal, civil, law n order or any other matters in their home towns? do those guys forcibly give up their concern for their motherland? those guys too got (say) that state government/political party funded education, vaccines etc. and moved to another state to generate income n give taxes there.
Bhai tum aur hum log ho gaye le hain
NRI - Non Reliable Indian
Kya bolti public

Last edited:
Reactions: SyedAli786

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Question on surrender certificate. Status shows "Surrender Certificate Printed" - its been this status since ~4 days. Any idea how long it takes to get the surrender certificate in mail? Does the status change to "surrender certificate mailed"?
Its with CGI Vancouver, and I live in burnaby, within the lower mainland

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Question on surrender certificate. Status shows "Surrender Certificate Printed" - its been this status since ~4 days. Any idea how long it takes to get the surrender certificate in mail? Does the status change to "surrender certificate mailed"?
Its with CGI Vancouver, and I live in burnaby, within the lower mainland
Check the status on BLS website the surrender website will on show upto the printed status

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
I submitted OCI on Feb 21st and the status is showing as original documents dispatched. I received them 2 weeks back. Since then there is no update to the file. Is there something, I need to worry about? From the messages above seems like everyone is receiving the OCI in a month or so.
Hi,

Did you get any update on your OCI? Asking as I submitted mine on Feb 25th.

Thanks

S.loey

Sep 19, 2017
Hello Everyone.
Timeline for my OCI application is below:
Date of walk-in application at BLS Surrey 6-MARCH-2023
Date Of Acknowledgment 10-MARCH-2023
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 31-MAR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI) NEW DELHI On 31-MAR-2023
Document received At TORONTO On 31-MAR-2023
Received the OCI card on 5 APRIL-2023