+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi folks, I'm trying to upload documents for Self OCI application. Can i ignore the relationship certificate and Indian Visa?
I have a multiple entry visa for India in my Canadian passport.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi folks, I'm trying to upload documents for Self OCI application. Can i ignore the relationship certificate and Indian Visa?
I have a multiple entry visa for India in my Canadian passport.
I have ignored the relationship certificate part. For Indian visa, I uploaded the COPR as suggested elsewhere in this forum. I remember I had to upload COPR for my kid's OCI after I went to BLS using my phone.

Reactions: Samoinp

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
I have ignored the relationship certificate part. For Indian visa, I uploaded the COPR as suggested elsewhere in this forum. I remember I had to upload COPR for my kid's OCI after I went to BLS using my phone.
Thanks, interesting but how is Canadian COPR applicable for Indian Visa on OCI application? or did you mean something else by COPR?

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Thanks, interesting but how is Canadian COPR applicable for Indian Visa on OCI application? or did you mean something else by COPR?
No, I meant landing paper itself. I dont know how it is applicable, but see the below posts.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10233119

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10116390

At least previously they needed it, maybe not now. Some other members can confirm.

Reactions: Samoinp

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi All,

I am trying to upload Applicant Photo and Applicant’s Signature as part of my Fresh OCI registration. But even though the images are as per the specifications and after clicking on Upload the system says “Format of Applicant Image is not valid”.

After selecting the images the system confirmed selected image (photo and signature) is as per instructions. If you want to change then click crop button and drag the white selected area or else can directly upload the original image. But after clicking on Upload button it shows the error.

Not sure what's wrong with the image format, anybody has the same issue while uploading the images?Both my images are .jpg format

Thanks in advance

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi All,

I am trying to upload Applicant Photo and Applicant’s Signature as part of my Fresh OCI registration. But even though the images are as per the specifications and after clicking on Upload the system says “Format of Applicant Image is not valid”.

After selecting the images the system confirmed selected image (photo and signature) is as per instructions. If you want to change then click crop button and drag the white selected area or else can directly upload the original image. But after clicking on Upload button it shows the error.

Not sure what's wrong with the image format, anybody has the same issue while uploading the images?Both my images are .jpg format

Thanks in advance
Are the images correct aspect ratio ? 1:1 for photo and 3:1 for signature ?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
@msatishxp - Intezar hai aapke Wednesday ki BLS trip ka. Vistaar se batayega ki kis level ki frustration hoti hai..
I submitted my application successfully and honestly, didn't even ask a single question though they asked me extra money for getting text updates and OCI cover. I paid for text updates but politely declined the OCI cover.

They kept my original surrender certificate and told that it will be mailed out to me. They didn't keep the photocopy of my employment letter and returned back to me saying not needed as I have already submitted it online.

Did BLS keep any of yours surrender certificate too? I'm just wondering do they actually need it for processing or just keep it to charge extra dollars for courier delivery.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
I submitted my application successfully and honestly, didn't even ask a single question though they asked me extra money for getting text updates and OCI cover. I paid for text updates but politely declined the OCI cover.

They kept my original surrender certificate and told that it will be mailed out to me. They didn't keep the photocopy of my employment letter and returned back to me saying not needed as I have already submitted it online.

Did BLS keep any of yours surrender certificate too? I'm just wondering do they actually need it for processing or just keep it to charge extra dollars for courier delivery.
They did not keep anything original from us during in-person application. Except, few extra dollars for notification’s despite saying No to it and I declined to get new photos from BLS.

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014

what is "text update " ? SMS charges are based on service providers.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
what is "text update " ? SMS charges are based on service providers.
You wont get any notifications on email or SMS. BLS charge it on their own will.

twinkle89

Jun 24, 2014
Hi All,

My OCI timeline is as below:

Dec 19: Applied In person at BLS Toronto
Jan 12: Date of Acknowledgement
Feb 3: Documents Printing Status
Feb 7: Dispatched From MEA (OCI )
Feb 7: Document received At Toronto

I have to travel urgently to India. Any idea when I will receive the OCI ? Is there a way to collect it directly from BLS instead of waiting for Purolator?

In BLS website status is "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)"

Last edited:

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
In Person application submitted at BLS - 17th Jan
Latest status on BLS tracking - Original documents are Ready for Dispatch
Latest status on OCI tracking - The specified URL is inaccessible at this time. Please try after some time

I assume this means by cancelled Indian Passport should arrive by Purolator (hopefully) in a day or two. As far as OCI is concerned, I should keep checking every couple of days for some status update. Can someone please confirm both these points?