+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
In Person application submitted at BLS - 17th Jan
Latest status on BLS tracking - Original documents are Ready for Dispatch
Latest status on OCI tracking - The specified URL is inaccessible at this time. Please try after some time

I assume this means by cancelled Indian Passport should arrive by Purolator (hopefully) in a day or two. As far as OCI is concerned, I should keep checking every couple of days for some status update. Can someone please confirm both these points?
you will find a Purolator tracking number tomorrow under BLS tracking and it will be your original Passport

For OCI give it few more days and you will see the acknowledgement.

Reactions: sayedsameer84

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
In Person application submitted at BLS - 17th Jan
Latest status on BLS tracking - Original documents are Ready for Dispatch
Latest status on OCI tracking - The specified URL is inaccessible at this time. Please try after some time

I assume this means by cancelled Indian Passport should arrive by Purolator (hopefully) in a day or two. As far as OCI is concerned, I should keep checking every couple of days for some status update. Can someone please confirm both these points?
Yes that’s the cancelled Indian passport being returned back
OCI acknowledgment usually follows once the Indian passport return process has started

Reactions: sayedsameer84

dopedupguy

Sep 30, 2014
Hello all,

Below is my OCI application to CGI Toronto submitted by mail to BLS Brampton

Below updates from BLS online tracking:
- Application received Jan 26th
- Status update on Feb 2nd: Processing at consulate general
- Status update on Feb 8th: In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

Status enquiry on OCIservices.in:
- Date of acknowledgement: Feb 8th
- OCI application status: under process

I'm traveling mid_March so not sure if I will get the OCI then. More importantly, I haven't yet received my Canadian passport and citizenship certificate back. Plan B was to apply for an e-visa first week of March. Any suggestions on the timeline to get Canadian passport back via mail? I had pre-paid for the Purolator service but I reckon that is for the OCI delivery.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi folks, BLS checklist says a photo has to be pasted on the OCI application but the downloaded copy of online application already has the photo and doesn't seem to have a section to paste physical photo? Am i missing something? Did something change recently?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi folks, BLS checklist says a photo has to be pasted on the OCI application but the downloaded copy of online application already has the photo and doesn't seem to have a section to paste physical photo? Am i missing something? Did something change recently?
Don’t paste the photo
Bring it along your BLS center if you are submitting your application..
They will glue the photo themselves to another page on the application

Reactions: Samoinp

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
Hi All,

My OCI timeline is as below:

Dec 19: Applied In person at BLS Toronto
Jan 12: Date of Acknowledgement
Feb 3: Documents Printing Status
Feb 7: Dispatched From MEA (OCI )
Feb 7: Document received At Toronto

I have to travel urgently to India. Any idea when I will receive the OCI ? Is there a way to collect it directly from BLS instead of waiting for Purolator?

In BLS website status is "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)"
Yeah... I have the same status. Feb 3 is Document received at Toronto for me and I don't have anything so far. Just waiting. Hoping I'll have my OCI by Friday.

bharanim2003

Aug 8, 2013
Hi,

I am filling surrender certificate for myself and my spouse as we got Canadian citizenship. Can someone help me, what should I fill for Spouse's Nationality column while filling out the surrender certificate form? Should be this as per Indian passport "Indian" or should be current nationality "Canadian"?

Thanks
Bro what did you mention? Indian or canadian. i am in the same boat. please help.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello all,

Below is my OCI application to CGI Toronto submitted by mail to BLS Brampton

Below updates from BLS online tracking:
- Application received Jan 26th
- Status update on Feb 2nd: Processing at consulate general
- Status update on Feb 8th: In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

Status enquiry on OCIservices.in:
- Date of acknowledgement: Feb 8th
- OCI application status: under process

I'm traveling mid_March so not sure if I will get the OCI then. More importantly, I haven't yet received my Canadian passport and citizenship certificate back. Plan B was to apply for an e-visa first week of March. Any suggestions on the timeline to get Canadian passport back via mail? I had pre-paid for the Purolator service but I reckon that is for the OCI delivery.
why did you submit original Canadian passport and certificate by mail ?
Only self attested copies were required..

twinkle89

Jun 24, 2014
Yeah... I have the same status. Feb 3 is Document received at Toronto for me and I don't have anything so far. Just waiting. Hoping I'll have my OCI by Friday.
Now the status has changed to “Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping”.
I really hope I get the OCI today.

dopedupguy

Sep 30, 2014
why did you submit original Canadian passport and certificate by mail ?
Only self attested copies were required..
The original passport/citizenship certificate was mentioned in the checklists/BLS guidelines. Some members on the forum mentioned application is fine without the originals but seeing how arbitrary this process is from BLS/CGI, I just threw the kitchen sink at them. Some members who had submitted theirs reported getting it back in mail in 2 weeks or less, and I have crossed that timeline.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I just filled up OCI application and uploaded the scanned copies. I uploaded a scanned copy of the Indian passport before the cancellation. It does not have the holes in the scanned image or the cancelled seal. Should I re-do the upload now with scan of the cancelled passport ? What did you all upload ?