+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
phone number was used once and that too last month. I tried with a number that wasn't used at all but still same issue..
bhaiya kuch suggest karo ( BLS me dangal machane k alawa. )
Try a different combination of email and the new phone number or the previous number used, it might work.

ricky44

May 20, 2016
You msg starts with application for minor and jumps right in about your spouse’s Canadian passport?
Are these two queries connected ?
We have to fill the form for minor as per canadian passport as mentioned in the guidelines which they ask for Father and mother name as per Passport

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I am filling OCI form and noticed the below field in the first page right after Canadian passport details, which is confusing as per the instruction provided

Previous Passport Number: The instructions say box on the form says - "As per Indian Passport or Birth Certificate"

Should I fill in my old Indian Passport details here ? I never had an old Canadian passport
Any answer to the above from people who already received OCI ??

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Sitting at this status since Friday, Feb 3rd... No change in BLS tracker. Should I be receiving it this week? (Purolator paid for already).

Applicant Name
File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JAN-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn01-FEB-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn03-FEB-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn03-FEB-2023
Should be end of the week
Look for updates on BLS website now, they should start updating status soon

Reactions: djrobinn

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am filling OCI form and noticed the below field in the first page right after Canadian passport details, which is confusing as per the instruction provided

Previous Passport Number: The instructions say box on the form says - "As per Indian Passport or Birth Certificate"

Should I fill in my old Indian Passport details here ? I never had an old Canadian passport
Leave it blank

Reactions: aphermix

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
We have to fill the form for minor as per canadian passport as mentioned in the guidelines which they ask for Father and mother name as per Passport
incase of minor's OCI application, BLS also asks for birth certificate. How are the name of the parents mentioned on the birth certificate ?

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Tried, nothing works :(
ohh I had the same issue last month and worked, use the same combination with different passport number for instance using Canadian or India PP number in the field or shorten your Name. The big guy(gatekeeper) at the BLS hardly cares what it is and uses for the purpose of letting you in and giving a ticket order.

ricky44

May 20, 2016
incase of minor's OCI application, BLS also asks for birth certificate. How are the name of the parents mentioned on the birth certificate ?
Its as per given name JOHN SMITH

I have booked an appointment for my child in Bls brampton next week.

Hope i get an answer before that