+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
If the phone is used for multiple bookings it ends up restricting the next booking for a period of 24 hrs
phone number was used once and that too last month. I tried with a number that wasn't used at all but still same issue..
bhaiya kuch suggest karo ( BLS me dangal machane k alawa. )

Reactions: A_S

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
phone number was used once and that too last month. I tried with a number that wasn't used at all but still same issue..
bhaiya kuch suggest karo ( BLS me dangal machane k alawa. )
I tried to book an appointment just now to test if there is an outage. It seems to be working fine

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I am applying for OCI on "Self" basis. i.e. I am previous passport holder of India. But in the list of documents to upload I am seeing "JOINT DECLARATION OF SUBSISTING OF MARRIAGE" and "RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE". Can i ignore these and submit my application ?

Also I believe i should upload my COPR in "INDIAN VISA" section. Can someone confirm if this is true ?

ricky44

May 20, 2016
Has Anybody applied oci for Minor.
My spouse has canadian passport
Given name - XXX
Surname - JOHN SMITH

What should be written in Fathers Name
XXX JOHN SMITH
OR
JOHN SMITH XXX

Please answer if anybody face that.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Given name - XXX
Surname - JOHN SMITH

XXX JOHN SMITH
OR
JOHN SMITH XXX

I have the same issue with my name as well. Not sure about minor case but I filled my OCI app as per my Canadian PP : like Given Name - XXX Surname - John Snow

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am applying for OCI on "Self" basis. i.e. I am previous passport holder of India. But in the list of documents to upload I am seeing "JOINT DECLARATION OF SUBSISTING OF MARRIAGE" and "RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE". Can i ignore these and submit my application ?

Also I believe i should upload my COPR in "INDIAN VISA" section. Can someone confirm if this is true ?
You can ignore this
No need to include CoPR in the India Visa. I am aware the BLS has told this to some applicants before but it is not required

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Given name - XXX
Surname - JOHN SMITH

XXX JOHN SMITH
OR
JOHN SMITH XXX

You msg starts with application for minor and jumps right in about your spouse’s Canadian passport?
Are these two queries connected ?

sgvlead

Sep 10, 2019
For OCI, if application is submitted in walk-in ( Toronto ), how long will it take to get the OCI card ? Please let me know the average time frame.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I am filling OCI form and noticed the below field in the first page right after Canadian passport details, which is confusing as per the instruction provided

Previous Passport Number: The instructions say box on the form says - "As per Indian Passport or Birth Certificate"

Should I fill in my old Indian Passport details here ? I never had an old Canadian passport

Amsharma

Feb 4, 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment 12-JAN-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn03-FEB-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Whats next step for update and When Should I expect OCI to receive?

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
Sitting at this status since Friday, Feb 3rd... No change in BLS tracker. Should I be receiving it this week? (Purolator paid for already).

Applicant Name
File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JAN-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn01-FEB-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn03-FEB-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn03-FEB-2023