+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Went to BLS Brampton and collected mine along with the rest of the family members'......done with the ordeal....took 2 years and 3 months almost overall for the citizenship, ppt, surrender, oci etc.....Dealing with BLS was the interesting / fascinating part in the entire journey

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
It wasn't the Math's paper it was the history paper :p
Hey @abbas.pasha ,
I haven't yet ventured into OCI. This process looks pretty overwhelming with all the chats going in rounds.
Once I do get into OCI, I am going to ask questions here as well :p:p:p
Just procrastinating ...after the the Canadian citizenship run, I truly want to take a break :D

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey @abbas.pasha ,
I haven't yet ventured into OCI. This process looks pretty overwhelming with all the chats going in rounds.
Once I do get into OCI, I am going to ask questions here as well :p:p:p
Just procrastinating ...after the the Canadian citizenship run, I truly want to take a break :D
Don’t wait else who knows the GoI may change the process for Canadian citizens with all the activities happening around

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
You should expect the next update - published / dispatched / received etc by Feb 1st (maybe check tonight EST) or Feb 2nd.

BLS should then be able to send it out by the next 3 to 4 days
OMG man... You are a fortune teller! That's exactly what happened today. No change till earlier today. Figured I'd refresh and see wht happening and BOOM!

Applicant Name xxxxxxxxxx
File Reference Number xxxxxx
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JAN-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number xxxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn01-FEB-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

So I should be getting it this week, you think?

Checked the BLS website, so far no change. Will likely be updated tomorrow I guess.

Reactions: Rkchauhan

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
Hello, starting on the arduous OCI process today - I have an appointment for the last week of Feb. Had some questions first -up due to so many conflicting information sources:

1. For Passport details, do we put our Canadian Passport or Indian Passport details?

@abbas.pasha shared a useful link of common errors that mentioned the Canadian Passport details. However in the checklist on the GGI OCI step-wise checklist, it mentions "As per Indian Passport or Birth Certificate "

2. For spouse (who is Indian Citizen by birth) but born overseas to Indian parents, do we need to submit an apostille of the birth certificate from the country? Or since she is an Indian citizen since birth, just submitting her recently surrendered Indian passport is sufficient?

3. For minor kids, do we need to scan and upload their thumbprints ? (in the OCI portal, in place of the scanned signature)

Waa13

Feb 26, 2020
Hii didn't received the oci yet It was showing on purolator yesterday will deliver on 31 but today there is no delivery date

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello, starting on the arduous OCI process today - I have an appointment for the last week of Feb. Had some questions first -up due to so many conflicting information sources:

1. For Passport details, do we put our Canadian Passport or Indian Passport details?

@abbas.pasha shared a useful link of common errors that mentioned the Canadian Passport details. However in the checklist on the GGI OCI step-wise checklist, it mentions "As per Indian Passport or Birth Certificate "

2. For spouse (who is Indian Citizen by birth) but born overseas to Indian parents, do we need to submit an apostille of the birth certificate from the country? Or since she is an Indian citizen since birth, just submitting her recently surrendered Indian passport is sufficient?

3. For minor kids, do we need to scan and upload their thumbprints ? (in the OCI portal, in place of the scanned signature)

- Canadian Passport: please the refer the OCI sample form: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf which was updated end of Dec 2022 by BLS
- Birth certificate in the case of Adult applicants is not required, only in the case of minor's application is required
- If the minors who can sign the document, ask them to write the name on a piece of paper, take a picture and upload that. You can use image re-sizer tools and then in the end if cropping is still required you can crop it on the OCI website when you upload. For minor who cannot write there name there thumb prints need to be uploaded (follow the same steps as I suggested above)

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I heard BLS has resumed walk-services from Feb 1 but when I called BLS Toronto, they are saying for OCI, you still need to make an appointment. Has walk in service applicable to OCI applications as well or do you need to make an appointment?