+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, I hv these 3 queries about OCI application form.

1. On application form it's mandatorily asking 'Visible Mark'. What do I need to mention?

2. It's also asking for National Identification Number. What do I hv to mention?

3. It's also asking for previous passport no. Do I mention my canceled Indian passport no?
Your question reminded me of the epic dialogue…

-if you don’t have visible mark then write none else mention it accordingly
-Mention none for National Identification No.
-Previous Nationality of Applicant mention India

Last edited:
Reactions: manas.kapoor10

sapower

Jan 17, 2022
Hey friends need some help,

As OCI is delayed I am traveling on evisa to india, I may be back in 45-60 days didn’t book return ticket, will there be any problem at india immigration, also if visiting parents do I need to show any document or so.. as traveling on canada passport..

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey friends need some help,

As OCI is delayed I am traveling on evisa to india, I may be back in 45-60 days didn’t book return ticket, will there be any problem at india immigration, also if visiting parents do I need to show any document or so.. as traveling on canada passport..
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
Q1. Who is eligible for e-Visa Services?
Ans- The following are the eligibility conditions for availing e-Visa services-
  i. Nationals of countries listed on the e-Visa website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/ are eligible to apply for e-Visa Services.
  ii. Foreigners whose sole objective for visiting India is
    (a) Recreation and sightseeing
    (b) Casual visit to meet friends and relatives
    (c) Attending short term yoga programme or short term courses on local languages, music, dance, arts & crafts, cooking, medicine etc. which should not be a formal or structured course/programme
     (courses not exceeding 6 months duration and not issuing a qualifying certificate/diploma etc. to the participants)
    (d) Voluntary work of short duration (for a maximum period of one month, which do not involve any monetary payment or consideration of any kind in return)
    (e) Medical treatment, including treatment under Indian systems of medicine
    (f) As attendant to e-Medical visa holder
    (g) Business purpose
    (h) Attending a conference/ seminar/ workshop.
  iii. Passport should have at least six months validity at the time of making application for grant of e-Visa and a re-entry permit, if that is required under the law of the country of nationality of the applicant.
   The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
iv. The foreigner should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.

Reactions: forw.jane

sapower

Jan 17, 2022
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
Q1. Who is eligible for e-Visa Services?
Ans- The following are the eligibility conditions for availing e-Visa services-
  i. Nationals of countries listed on the e-Visa website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/ are eligible to apply for e-Visa Services.
  ii. Foreigners whose sole objective for visiting India is
    (a) Recreation and sightseeing
    (b) Casual visit to meet friends and relatives
    (c) Attending short term yoga programme or short term courses on local languages, music, dance, arts & crafts, cooking, medicine etc. which should not be a formal or structured course/programme
     (courses not exceeding 6 months duration and not issuing a qualifying certificate/diploma etc. to the participants)
    (d) Voluntary work of short duration (for a maximum period of one month, which do not involve any monetary payment or consideration of any kind in return)
    (e) Medical treatment, including treatment under Indian systems of medicine
    (f) As attendant to e-Medical visa holder
    (g) Business purpose
    (h) Attending a conference/ seminar/ workshop.
  iii. Passport should have at least six months validity at the time of making application for grant of e-Visa and a re-entry permit, if that is required under the law of the country of nationality of the applicant.
   The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
iv. The foreigner should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
Thank you abbas,

I did read this, so I should have a return ticket..

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi Guys, Is there any blog/post/thread/forum where all the steps are mentioned about passport surrender process in some bullet points or notes as it would be easy to understand the whole process? Thank you
I dont think it is a straightforward case......BLS / CGI do give guidelines, but the processes seem to be different for different people submitting either walkin or by post and if it is walkin it seems to be different based on different locations....so difficult to say....but please follow the BLS guideline and be prepared to spend more on printouts / waste paper and more importantly multiple visits to the BLS office / multiple postal correspondences

Reactions: preet.tech89

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
If anyone has done postal application for OCI for minor born in Canada.
Could you kindly let me know if you submitted just the attested photocopies of all the required documents, especially the birth certificate??
Wanted to know if I have to send the original birth certificate of the child while mailing the OCi application for Minor??
I have recently applied for the OCI for my minor child, no originals are needed, just all the photocopies. Do make sure to self attest all the photocopies, if any document belongs to only 1 of the parents, just sign themselves along with the date. In case of any common document like marriage certificate or child’s document, both the parents should self attest along with the date.

Reactions: manas.kapoor10
Jan 10, 2023
I have recently applied for the OCI for my minor child, no originals are needed, just all the photocopies. Do make sure to self attest all the photocopies, if any document belongs to only 1 of the parents, just sign themselves along with the date. In case of any common document like marriage certificate or child’s document, both the parents should self attest along with the date.
Thank you so much

Jan 10, 2023
Under passport details
For previous passport # field what should be entered??
Indian passport is surrendered and now I only have Canadian passport.