AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
On what days Walkin is allowed for BLS Ottawa?
I applied from BLS Montreal which is under Ottawa jurisdiction. I believe walkin is allowed on all days but you need to go early. Mine was a walkin with appointment though but i saw many people who were there without an appointment.

Reactions: forw.jane

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
I think walk in should be there on Sat as well, but number people in the queue will be more on Sat compared to weekdays.
If you need to pick up your documents i.e. SC/OCI etc that needs to be during the weekdays only between 3:00 - 4:30 pm.
Just my 2 cents

Even though Bls website says walking are allowed don't go with it. It is always a chance that applicants without appointment will be allowed inside.
(Had to stand in freezing cold with others who did not had an appointment for almost an hour convincing Security)

I applied for my Surrender certificate last Friday @ Toronto location and was stopped by Security for not having appointment.
Since mine was for Surrender certificate i booked the appointment for the same day afternoon under VISA category and submitted my application.

The Security guard was very particular about having specific appointments based on purpose and for OCI it's a must. But if you are in hurry (as appointment for OCI category is not available for next month) you can try your luck. All the best

Also I was told pick up option is available only for emergency situations and Surrender certificate (in my case) will be sent via post only.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also I was told pick up option is available only for emergency situations and Surrender certificate (in my case) will be sent via post only.
I think we should ask them to give it in writing if they make any such claim.

Also, can you please confirm when you submitted your application? Rules for walk-in are changing frequently these days.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Just my 2 cents

Even though Bls website says walking are allowed don't go with it. It is always a chance that applicants without appointment will be allowed inside.
(Had to stand in freezing cold with others who did not had an appointment for almost an hour convincing Security)

I applied for my Surrender certificate last Friday @ Toronto location and was stopped by Security for not having appointment.
Since mine was for Surrender certificate i booked the appointment for the same day afternoon under VISA category and submitted my application.

The Security guard was very particular about having specific appointments based on purpose and for OCI it's a must. But if you are in hurry (as appointment for OCI category is not available for next month) you can try your luck. All the best

Yeah from your experience and our friend's experience who submitted there OCI at BLS Toronto location is the pick up of documents is not allowed and only option is courier.
at BLS Brampton in our experience we picked up the SC (in Dec 2022) and when we submitted the OCI application we also opted to pick up option for OCI.
Although they asked us to submit the cancelled Indian passport at the OCI application time and said return of original Indian passport will only be done through courier...

Last edited:

pgupta8

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Applied for OCI in person at Brampton for 3 ppl and the lady at the counter insisted as per "new guidelines" I'll need to submit our surrendered Indian passports and Surrender Certificates in original, despite clearly mentioning on the site that Walk-in Applications don't need to submit any originals, just carry them for verification. Anyhow, today the documents are received by Toronto CGI after a month.

Any idea when should I expect my originals back from the date of CGI acknowledgement date?

Reactions: msatishxp

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Applied for OCI in person at Brampton for 3 ppl and the lady at the counter insisted as per "new guidelines" I'll need to submit our surrendered Indian passports and Surrender Certificates in original, despite clearly mentioning on the site that Walk-in Applications don't need to submit any originals, just carry them for verification. Anyhow, today the documents are received by Toronto CGI after a month.

Any idea when should I expect my originals back from the date of CGI acknowledgement date?
In about 2 weeks. BLS website under Track Application will update with the Purolator tracking#
A friend of our submitted there OCI application at BLS Toronto and were asked to submit the Indian Passport on Dec 12. The passports were dispatched on Jan 9 through Purolator. They received the acknowledgement on OCI website was I think on Jan 5

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I suggest start checking Purolator with reference number as tracking ID.

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013

So do we need to submit originals for Indian passport and Surrender Certificate as per new guidelines, whether it's walk in, appointment or postal application?

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, for the photo, does it need to have plain light colored background or white colored background? On the checklist, it says white and the instructions before doing OCI registration strictly says photo needs to be plain light colored background and not white without the border.

Can anyone who has already gone through the process please help me cut through the noise of these conflicting messaging by BLS?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone responds by today as I'm planning to take the photograph tomorrow.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, for the photo, does it need to have plain light colored background or white colored background? On the checklist, it says white and the instructions before doing OCI registration strictly says photo needs to be plain light colored background and not white without the border.

Can anyone who has already gone through the process please help me cut through the noise of these conflicting messaging by BLS?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone responds by today as I'm planning to take the photograph tomorrow.
White background.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
So do we need to submit originals for Indian passport and Surrender Certificate as per new guidelines, whether it's walk in, appointment or postal application?
If you plan to submit your application in person the original Indian passport submission is selective and also it differs from BLS centers as well. So keep an open mind, kuch bhi ho sakta hain :D
For postal applications you need to only send copies of your supporting documents which was self attested. Originals are not required.

Last edited:

srinivasa

Nov 14, 2014
Here's my OCI timeline.
walk in - BLS Calgary
14-Dec-22​
Date Of Acknowledgment
16-Dec-22​
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI- NumberXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn
17-Jan-23​
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
19-Jan-23​
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn
19-Jan-23​

Reactions: abbas.pasha

abijithmartin

Sep 18, 2012
Hello guys oci timeline for my kid

Postal sent to BLS brampton: 28 th november 2022
Bls received: 29th November 2022
Bls acknowledment : 3rd december
Date Of Acknowledgment 22-DEC-2022

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 14-JAN-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 16-JAN-2023
Document received At TORONTO On 16-JAN-2023
Bls counter to delivery 18th jan 2023
Oci delivered purolator 19 th jan 2023

Reactions: abbas.pasha

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
i have been on the site for 10 years now since 2012 and this weeks, bring this journey to a closure as i received my OCI. I started the journey with a mail to David Cohen back in 2012. And later became a follower here without any consultants help. The only mail i sent was to request how can i immigrate and he was the one who pointed out that time Quebec Selection was one route which was open that time. The only email i sent to any consultant was that. And with his pointer, and the help from the immigration forum, i am here today. It has been a 5 year wait for PR and then it has been 3 year for citizenship. In the time inbetween, David Cohen passed away. But this tool he created, seems to work for so many thousands. I have made ever lasting friendship with people from Albania, West Indies etc here. It has been a wonderful journey. Please continue to use this tool very effectively this has been a guiding light always!