+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

So I sent my postal application to Brampton first on Nov 1st and delivered to Brampton on Nov 2nd. I got the application back Nov 9th. Issue was following the sample form, I provided Indian passport details in Applicant Passport section instead of Canadian passport details.

Corrected that and sent it again on Nov 11th, delivered on Nov 14th. I haven't received any acknowledgement email from BLS yet. I have seen people mentioning acknowledgement email in this forum and was getting worried that my application is being sent back again. So I was trying to use the bls application tracking tool and provided my details. It says Application Date as Nov 19th and Status as Processing at Consulate General.

So I wanted to updated people here that I did not receive any acknowledgement but it does seem like my application process has started.
yeah, ignore that sample. Indian passport is only to be mentioned in the "previous nationality" section.

Reactions: SPV

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
So I sent my postal application to Brampton first on Nov 1st and delivered to Brampton on Nov 2nd. I got the application back Nov 9th. Issue was following the sample form, I provided Indian passport details in Applicant Passport section instead of Canadian passport details.

Corrected that and sent it again on Nov 11th, delivered on Nov 14th. I haven't received any acknowledgement email from BLS yet. I have seen people mentioning acknowledgement email in this forum and was getting worried that my application is being sent back again. So I was trying to use the bls application tracking tool and provided my details. It says Application Date as Nov 19th and Status as Processing at Consulate General.

So I wanted to updated people here that I did not receive any acknowledgement but it does seem like my application process has started.
Yes no email sent for me either. As I also read others receiving email. Since thousands of applications. I don’t know if they have a system for auto generated email for status updates.

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, is police clearance required for OCI. If yes, would it be Indian or Canadian?

Also, can OCI be processed urgently if one has a medical reason like serious health issue in family in India?

vaibhavpatel

Oct 31, 2014
OCI APPLICATION SUBMITTED ON 6th Oct 2022,
Acknowledged 24 Oct
OCI stamped and document received at consulate 18 Nov 2022
Status updated to counter delivered to BLS after stamping 21 Nov 2022
OCI delivered on 24 Nov 2022
Yours was processed very fast! where did you submit application?

gurm2016

Mar 16, 2017
Alberta
Category........
AINP
My timeline OCI
Walk in application BLS Calgary OCT21
OCI Acknowledgment OCT 26
PROCESSED Nov 16
Printed and delivered Vancouver Nov 19
Delivered by Purolator Nov 26

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017

Did you send the originals along to with your postal application?

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi, is police clearance required for OCI. If yes, would it be Indian or Canadian?

Also, can OCI be processed urgently if one has a medical reason like serious health issue in family in India?
No police clearance needed and definitely wouldn’t be Indian as OCI is for non Indian citizens of Indian origin or keen of Indian origin. and No OCI aren’t processed on emergency bases you need entry visa under that category.

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Can someone who used pick and drop services confirm if you paid for Pick Up+Drop Off+Drop Off of Original? I am applying for a new OCI and the system is automatically adding the Drop Off of Original charges even though I understand we don’t need to send any original documents. How did you guys work around this?
Hey did you send the originals or just copies?

elbarto94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TORONTO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2017
LANDED..........
18-04-2018
Hi everyone,

Applied for OCI (postal application) from GTA first week of October. Received email acknowledgment from BLS on October 12. For the last 3 weeks+ the status on BLS website is 'Processing at Consulate General'.

Any idea why the application might be stuck? Anyone with similar timelines? Thank you!

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

Applied for OCI (postal application) from GTA first week of October. Received email acknowledgment from BLS on October 12. For the last 3 weeks+ the status on BLS website is 'Processing at Consulate General'.

Any idea why the application might be stuck? Anyone with similar timelines? Thank you!
Did you check on OCI website status inquire what your ack date is on their website ?

Reactions: elbarto94

elbarto94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TORONTO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2017
LANDED..........
18-04-2018
Did you check on OCI website status inquire what your ack date is on their website ?
Oh thanks for the suggestion - so far I was only looking at status on BLS website, and was going off of the BLS acknowledgment email (which was on October 12).

Looked up application on OCI website, and date of acknowledgment is Nov 9. FML. No idea why it took them so long. Let's see how much time it takes. Any idea what has been the typical timeline from date of acknowledgment on OCI website to delivery?

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Oh thanks for the suggestion - so far I was only looking at status on BLS website, and was going off of the BLS acknowledgment email (which was on October 12).

Looked up application on OCI website, and date of acknowledgment is Nov 9. FML. No idea why it took them so long. Let's see how much time it takes. Any idea what has been the typical timeline from date of acknowledgment on OCI website to delivery?
About 3 weeks for status to update to processed and then another week to receive hopefully.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
When we upload the documnets in the oci portal does it have to be a direct scanned copy of the document or the scanned copy of the self attested document?

For e.g. I scan my passport and upload that or I take a print of the passport and self attest it and scan that and then upload