+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
It seems BLS Brampton/Toronto is not taking any walk-ins without appointment starting 16 Nov. I also don't see any appointments available on their Book Appointment page.

Any idea when BLS opens more appointments - which day of the week, what time of the day do they add more appointments?? What's the best way to get an appointment for OCI in Toronto jurisdiction.

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
My status so far.

Apllied on Oct 12th walkin @ BLS Brampton

Date Of Acknowledgment01-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-NOV-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn24-NOV-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn24-NOV-2022

Reactions: PMV and LJ2CAN

LJ2CAN

Jan 21, 2015
Finally.. I have an update on OCI for my both kids.. flight on dec 7th ..

Date Of Acknowledgment01-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-NOV-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

Last edited:

a41g

Jun 28, 2016
I am also waiting for OCI. We received original passport and birth certificate on 2022-11-23 but not any other documents and still waiting.

Unfortunately, I have schedued flight on Dec 7,2022. Should i reschedule my flight on Jan 2023?

Application Date2022-10-17
Date Of Acknowledgment2022-11-08
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Nov 22, 2022
Got my OCI via purolator even though my BLS tracker says "(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)"

My Timeline
  • 4 Oct, 2022 - Application date and status: under process
  • 6 Oct, 2022 - status: Processing at Consulate General
  • 26 Oct, 2022 - CGI Toronto Date of Acknowledgement
  • 18 Nov 2022 - Document received at Toronto
  • 21 Nov 2022 - (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
  • 23 Nov 2022 - Received OCI via Purolator
Received my OCI today Nov 24 ;
Date of Acknowledgement : 27th Oct
Documents received at Toronto Nov 18th .
Thanks everyone !

Reactions: LJ2CAN

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Got my OCI via purolator even though my BLS tracker says "(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)"

My Timeline
  • 4 Oct, 2022 - Application date and status: under process
  • 6 Oct, 2022 - status: Processing at Consulate General
  • 26 Oct, 2022 - CGI Toronto Date of Acknowledgement
  • 18 Nov 2022 - Document received at Toronto
  • 21 Nov 2022 - (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
  • 23 Nov 2022 - Received OCI via Purolator
That was really quick. Mine was a postal application on 4 OCT, BLS ack OCT 17, OCI website ack 8 Nov

Pulkit89

Mar 12, 2015
The application status of our kid's OCI is updated to "Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping" on Monday, but while we are checking on the Purolator website through reference no. *CANV******* it doesn't show any information. We have also tried to reach the BLS office multiple times, but nobody is responding to our phone calls or replying to our online ticket. If anybody had a similar issue before, please provide your valuable advice or suggestions. We are getting nervous as we are flying next week. Thanks!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The application status of our kid's OCI is updated to "Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping" on Monday, but while we are checking on the Purolator website through reference no. *CANV******* it doesn't show any information. We have also tried to reach the BLS office multiple times, but nobody is responding to our phone calls or replying to our online ticket. If anybody had a similar issue before, please provide your valuable advice or suggestions. We are getting nervous as we are flying next week. Thanks!
I think status will first change to "Dispatched to BLS". After that BLS will send it to you using Purolator. Someone who already received OCI will be able to confirm.

Reactions: Pulkit89

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an appointment for BLS Brampton for 26-Nov (8:10 AM) under Visa category which I will cancel. I will also most likely cancel 3 appointments for 3-Dec under OCI category. Please let me know if anyone needs them.

mshadab.alam

Nov 24, 2022
I have an appointment for BLS Brampton for 26-Nov (8:10 AM) under Visa category which I will cancel. I will also most likely cancel 3 appointments for 3-Dec under OCI category. Please let me know if anyone needs them.
I could really use any appointment that you have for Dec 3rd. Can you please share one of that with me? Please DM me at mohdshadab.alam@gmail.com. Thank you

Reactions: softwaretesting

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
Here is my rant:
I just received my Canadian Passport in the last week of October and decided to apply for OCI right away as I have travel plans for a family event in mid-January that cannot be postponed. As such looked for booking an appointment with BLS Calgary but none were available until later November and was told that no walk-ins are allowed. So, I mailed my OCI application on Nov 3 via Purolator to BLS Surrey office and got a confirmation from the tracking number that it got delivered on Nov 7. I eagerly waited for a status update on their website and figured it would take about a week or so for them to acknowledge it and forward it to the consulate office. I waited and waited and waited. One week went by. Then the next. During that second week, I called the surrey office but couldn't get through. Then I tried the Vancouver office, but the same thing. I tried calling almost 15+ times between both numbers, some times it was auto disconnecting after choosing the options from the menu, and other times it would go on hold, just go silent and drop. Then, I decided to email the help desk on Nov 16 and they responded back requesting my details on Nov 17. I emailed my details back within half an hour and received a response back on Nov 18 at 3 am MST stating "We would like to inform you that we have forwarded your request to the concern team for the same, we will share an update within 24 to 48 working hours." So, I figured I'd get some feedback y Monday evening, but nothing. I sent another email on Tuesday, Nov 24, and received a response back "We would like to inform you that, we have escalated this case to the concern team, please allow us time till 24 to 48 working hours." I was hoping to get some update but they only responded that we escalated your request. Escalated my request to who? How hard it is to update the status online or provide it to the applicant? So I decided to call again today at the information number 7786524855 with some help from a friend who had previously tried to call them using a different menu option and I finally got through. I was waiting in line for over 35 mins before I finally got through. I asked the agent what is happening with my application and she asked for my passport details to check the status. She then put me on hold and came back saying I am putting in a request for your status update. So I asked, what do you mean by that? Do you not know where my application is? and she said to give me a moment and put me on hold again. Then a few minutes later she came back on and said, "I have put in the request for your application status and it will take another 3-4 working days for it to update." Call back at that time. So I said I called to find the status and you are now saying that you've put in some sort of request to find the status so who knows the status? She again said to call back in 3-4 days to find out. I mean really? I understand that there have been challenges in managing application backlogs everywhere but there seems to be no regard for the applicants and you are just fed some made-up stories. I then asked how long is it currently taking to process the OCI applications and she said 2 and a half months. So I said, since I applied in the first week of Nov, I should get my OCI in time for travel and she said "As I said, call back in a few days" I can't tell you anything. So I asked if there was anything for urgent processing if I get close to my travel date and still haven't received my OCI and she just right out and said "No, you should apply on time for this" I mean seriously?? Why do you even have offices and helpline numbers if you can't even tell me whether my application is still at BLS or at the consulate and yet tell me that it would be my fault that I didn't apply on time?

Any of these intermediary organizations such as BLS are supposed to be helping people streamline the process and make it easy for applicants to apply for the required documents but I feel like they have just become the crooks and a roadblock to this process and on top of that some random undisclosed fee they keep adding on the application fee. I would much rather not have to deal with them and go directly to the consulate if there was that option.

Last edited: