AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I submitted OCI app on Monday at BLS Calgary.
The Status Enquiry tab on OCI website does not work, however Track Application on BLS website woks, it was under process until y'day and today it changed to Processing at Consulate General.

The BLS agent told me, the current processing time for OCI is 4-5 weeks atm due to passport delay.
Most people on this forum have been reporting an average processing time of about 4 weeks (after the status changes to 'under process' on the OCI portal). Hopefully this does not get stretched any further. Fingers crossed.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Has anybody travlled to India with OCI recently?/ what to expect in airports when compared to Indian passport holders?
Are OCI holders asked any standard questions (during entry or exit)?
Is there any additional forms that need to be filled because OCI holder is foriegner?

canhyd3008

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
13-Nov-2-14
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2014
Just curious after reading some messages in the forum, when they say Dispatched from MEA, what exactly are they "Dispatching"? OCI card? Does anyone know?
I assume it to be a network printer, once the document is approved in Delhi. The OCI gets printed here in Toronto using the network printer. For me first line got updated first and then during Canadian day time the other 2 lines got updated.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Has anybody travlled to India with OCI recently?/ what to expect in airports when compared to Indian passport holders?
Is there any additional forms that need to be filled because OCI holder is foriegner?
I would be interested in the answer to this too.

Additionally, I am curious if arrival/departure stamps are put on the OCI or not. This is important because it does not have many empty pages and is liable to fill up fast if someone travels a lot. Would require renewal in that case I guess.

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I would be interested in the answer to this too.

Additionally, I am curious if arrival/departure stamps are put on the OCI or not. This is important because it does not have many empty pages and is liable to fill up fast if someone travels a lot. Would require renewal in that case I guess.
OCI is like a life long visa.. your immigration stamps will be on your passport

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Here's a recent experience I saw.

It's quite informative.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
OCI is like a life long visa.. your immigration stamps will be on your passport
I was kind of expecting the same, and it is reassuring to know it is the case.
What are then those couple of empty pages for? Perhaps, some future amendments.

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Folks,

I'm filling out the OCI Application and need help with filling one of the fields. For the "Marriage Registration Date" field should I enter the Marriage Date or the Registration Date?

Ontario Marriage Certificate has different dates for these. Registration Date is technically the date on which the Ontario Registrar General received the signed marriage license from the officiant. It's more of an administrative date. I'm a bit confused about this.

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Folks,

I'm filling out the OCI Application and need help with filling one of the fields. For the "Marriage Registration Date" field should I enter the Marriage Date or the Registration Date?

Ontario Marriage Certificate has different dates for these. Registration Date is technically the date on which the Ontario Registrar General received the signed marriage license from the officiant. It's more of an administrative date. I'm a bit confused about this.
Whatever is in your official document.
You can get legally married only on one day.
You cannot get married on multiple dates.

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
QQ: On status.

I can see this in BLS Tracker.

Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

I cannot see anything on OCI portal - it simply says No such record found.

When will it be available on OCI portal? Any idea?
@i6evx5e8 For me it was 11 days submission was on 16th May @ Bls Brampton walk-in on BLS portal was updated immediately as in process. on 27th May OCI portal was updated as Acknowledgement. If yours was mail-in then it may be longer than this.

Reactions: i6evx5e8

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
@i6evx5e8 For me it was 11 days submission was on 16th May @ Bls Brampton walk-in on BLS portal was updated immediately as in process. on 27th May OCI portal was updated as Acknowledgement. If yours was mail-in then it may be longer than this.
Mine was walk-in though.

QQ: Do you get any email? Or, you need to keep on checking?

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My OCI application is UNDER-PROCESS at CGI toronto since May 20th . Anyone wants to geuss when it may change to PROCESSED? My "wild" guess is June 14th :)