+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
QQ: See this status of someone else's application

(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) on 2022-05-31

My question is, which passport? If Indian passport, what's the use of stamping after it was cancelled?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I'm new to this thread. I would like to check how soon I can expect my OCI card so that I can book my flight tickets well in advance. I have to travel as soon as I can.

Application Submit Date ( Walk-in Brampton, Canada )30-May-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment02-JUN-2022
Expect it roughly about a month from the UNDER-PROCESS date on the OCI Services site.

Reactions: canadamaple

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
QQ: See this status of someone else's application

(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) on 2022-05-31

My question is, which passport? If Indian passport, what's the use of stamping after it was cancelled?
This is BLS's standard status update. It's probably a leftover from the prior system where the Canadian/Foreign passport had a stamp. There is no stamp now and hence no passport to dispatch. Only the OCI booklet is dispatched, so don't overthink it.

I assume you are talking about my post as my status was the same date. I assure you that neither my Canadian nor expired Indian passport were retained by BLS/CGI/MEA so there was no passport to stamp.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Does anybody know a way to auto-populate the OCI website so we can check the status easily? I have memorized my case number by now, but it still take a while to type it out. LOL. Any IT/web-experts who have an idea? Perhaps there is some script that I can make that will auto-fill the fields on the OCI status page?

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
What's the current timeline for applying for OCI card? Is it possible to walk-in to BLS in GTA as I don't want to mail in my application? How long is it to get an appointment if I don't do a walk-in
@anandg12 Please check this link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php to reserve appointments at BLS. On any day I would recommend to submit your app at BLS Brampton as per this forum's feedback BLS Toronto is hell bent on Fleecing money from applicants. BLS Brampton is offering a better service than them from my personal experience. about 4-6 weeks for OCI now. Applied in May 16th in-person, you can check my signature for further info

Last edited:

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I'm new to this thread. I would like to check how soon I can expect my OCI card so that I can book my flight tickets well in advance. I have to travel as soon as I can.

Application Submit Date ( Walk-in Brampton, Canada )30-May-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment02-JUN-2022
@ilikebabyelephent I would suggest you to wait until JULY 2nd week for OCI it is typically about 4-5 weeks for processing.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Does anybody know a way to auto-populate the OCI website so we can check the status easily? I have memorized my case number by now, but it still take a while to type it out. LOL. Any IT/web-experts who have an idea? Perhaps there is some script that I can make that will auto-fill the fields on the OCI status page?
I had the same issue. I don't know about a script, but what I did (do) was keep the BLS Tracker open. If you are using Chrome, the BLS tracker keeps the history of data entered on the tracker page. Then simply click in the field for application reference no and select and copy the ref no., tab over to the OCI services page and paste. Then repeat the process for the passport no. and you are good with both required fields.

I have whined about entering the Captcha phrase on this forum before, and I'll do it now again. I hate with a passion having to enter a Captcha phrase every time, on both BLS and the Indian Govt. sites. I wish they would do away with that altogether.

• Haha

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
@canadamaple There is no way to auto populate AFAIK as the website does not offer to save anything from a browser also due to the stone age system of entering text for captcha on the website everytime. Personally I use sticky notes on my desktop to save the OCI Tracking # and copy it every time I wanna check the status this way you need not memorize stuff.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I had the same issue. I don't know about a script, but what I did (do) was keep the BLS Tracker open. If you are using Chrome, the BLS tracker keeps the history of data entered on the tracker page. Then simply click in the field for application reference no and select and copy the ref no., tab over to the OCI services page and paste. Then repeat the process for the passport no. and you are good with both required fields.

I have whined about entering the Captcha phrase on this forum before, and I'll do it now again. I hate with a passion having to enter a Captcha phrase every time, on both BLS and the Indian Govt. sites. I wish they would do away with that altogether.
Be happy that you do not have to enter OTP to registered phone number etc :)

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
If you are using a chromium based browser (chrome, brave, etc.) on Desktop, it remember the form data. You can simply start typing and it will autofill.

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
This is BLS's standard status update. It's probably a leftover from the prior system where the Canadian/Foreign passport had a stamp. There is no stamp now and hence no passport to dispatch. Only the OCI booklet is dispatched, so don't overthink it.

I assume you are talking about my post as my status was the same date. I assure you that neither my Canadian nor expired Indian passport were retained by BLS/CGI/MEA so there was no passport to stamp.
Thanks. They took my Indian passport though. They told me that they will return it with OCI.
Anyway, it is no longer of any use. So I didn't mind.

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
QQ: On status.

I can see this in BLS Tracker.

Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

I cannot see anything on OCI portal - it simply says No such record found.

When will it be available on OCI portal? Any idea?

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
The month-long wait on the OCI portal for update from 'Under Process' feels excruciatingly long. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Hot2Cold