Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
The irony of the situation is that my original documents got dispatched from BLS Montreal even though I sent everything to BLS Ottawa. Go figure :) Not sure how BLS functions :(
I also stay in Montreal, I am calling BLS ottawa 6-7 times a day, this is very frustrating

Reactions: canadamaple

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I also stay in Montreal, I am calling BLS ottawa 6-7 times a day, this is very frustrating
The problem is that all these calls get diverted to a call center in India. The people there have no idea of how things function here and as a result each person gives a different response and the worse part is that many people simply hang-up the call :(

trv_237

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
The problem is that all these calls get diverted to a call center in India. The people there have no idea of how things function here and as a result each person gives a different response and the worse part is that many people simply hang-up the call :(
they disconnect call, and every time new person & then start story over again, explain everything again. Everyone says it will be dispatched by end of the day, but that never happen

Reactions: canadamaple

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
they disconnect call, and every time new person & then start story over again, explain everything again. Everyone says it will be dispatched by end of the day, but that never happen
I hear you my friend. I have experienced exactly the same problem. Hopefully after you get the OCI, you would never have to deal with these incompetent fools again. Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: trv_237

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hey QQ - do they stamp (rubber stamp I mean, not visa stamp) you Indian cancelled passport when OCI is being issued?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Interesting. They took Indian (cancelled) passport, and gave me back Canadian passport.
Indian passport is the only original they took - rest are all photocopies.

But, I am seeing others getting back Canadian passport thru Purolator. How! :oops:
It may be because others might have submitted postal application and could have submitted canadian passport along with application
Generally only things that are retained are Indian passport/Surrender certificate in walk in submission
It will be shipped back right after OCI form is acknowledged in the OCI portal

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Interesting. They took Indian (cancelled) passport, and gave me back Canadian passport.
Indian passport is the only original they took - rest are all photocopies.

But, I am seeing others getting back Canadian passport thru Purolator. How! :oops:
It may be because others might have submitted postal application and could have submitted canadian passport along with application
Generally only things that are retained are Indian passport/Surrender certificate in walk in submission
It will be shipped back right after OCI form is acknowledged in the OCI portal
Hey QQ - do they stamp (rubber stamp I mean, not visa stamp) you Indian cancelled passport when OCI is being issued?
As far as I know, NO.
@AmericanCanadian007 @i6evx5e8 @delray55

None of my original documents were collected at BLS Brampton in-person submission for OCI on May 16th 2022. They only viewed and returned to me on the spot SC + Cancelled Indian PP and Canadian PP both. The only stamp on your Surrendered Indian Passport would be stating that the "PP has been cancelled on account of Holder voluntarily acquiring Canadian citizenship" and of course they do punch holes through your Indian PP. That's all nothing else. If you are wondering about the U visa sticker on Canadian PP then as far as this forum topic and as per India's MEA that system has been done away with and the applicant is only required to update the details online only when there is a change in PP details. Or when a new OCI Booklet is received.

Last edited:

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022

None of my original documents were collected at BLS Brampton in-person submission for OCI on May 16th 2022. They only viewed and returned to me on the spot SC + Cancelled Indian PP and Canadian PP both. The only stamp on your Surrendered Indian Passport would be stating that the "PP has been cancelled on account of Holder voluntarily acquiring Canadian citizenship" and of course they do punch holes through your Indian PP. That's all nothing else. If you are wondering about the U visa sticker on Canadian PP then as far as this forum topic and as per India's MEA that system has been done away with and the applicant is only required to update the details online only when there is a change in PP details. Or when a new OCI Booklet is received.
This makes sense. Thanks!

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
What's the current timeline for applying for OCI card? Is it possible to walk-in to BLS in GTA as I don't want to mail in my application? How long is it to get an appointment if I don't do a walk-in

ilikebabyelephent

Feb 14, 2021
I'm new to this thread. I would like to check how soon I can expect my OCI card so that I can book my flight tickets well in advance. I have to travel as soon as I can.

Application Submit Date ( Walk-in Brampton, Canada )30-May-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment02-JUN-2022

BVRM

Mar 25, 2022
I had also opted for Purolator delivery.

The only two statuses I had from BLS were:
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) on 2022-05-27
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) on 2022-05-31

Purolator attempted delivery on the afternoon of 2022-05-31, but I was not home so I picked it up the next day at their drop off location.

At no point was I able to see a tracking number on BLS site, but I could track using the CANT No. on 2022-05-31.
Thanks for info. Purolator shows it's status Out for Delivery. This is one of 3 OCIs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hot2Cold

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014

Exactly what they said...

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
What's the current timeline for applying for OCI card? Is it possible to walk-in to BLS in GTA as I don't want to mail in my application? How long is it to get an appointment if I don't do a walk-in
Current timeline is 4-5 weeks as per BLS Toronto, which is fairly close to the actual. My application took exactly 60 days from application submission to delivery of OCI.

Apply for an appointment online here: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php
It's better to go with an appointment rather than walk in as wait times are shorter. You can book in any category if an OCI appointment is not available.
Consider Brampton over Toronto as they are better and more efficient as per the feedback on this forum.

Reactions: anandg12