Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
QQ -

1. Do you upload Indian Passport copy with renunciation stamp or without (basically, identical to the one you submitted with renunciation form) ?
2. Do you 'self attest' copies? Checklist does not say 'self attest' anywhere. Thanks!
1. I had just uploaded the regular First-Last page copy of India PP. Because SC is submitted along with, I don't think they need to see the stamp.
2. I did. Don't think too much into it. Just be generous in giving your autographs to your own documents.

• Haha
Reactions: i6evx5e8

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Can you please tell me , what documents to upload for OCI online, I have uploaded my citizenship certificate, Indian surrendered passport and canadian passport , what do upload in Indian Visa?
Although many people have already answered you, but here is what I uploaded.

1) CURRENT PASSPORT (Canadian)
2) EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER
3) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (Didn't need it, but did it anyhow)
4) PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Details of Family members/relatives who are staying in India, if any (for Indian reference only)

Question - Do they call / reach them ? I don't think so - they did not ask for contact details.

Why I am asking? Because they ask similar info for passport renewal.

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
For OCI applications BLS sends back the original documents on date of acknowledgement (in the OCI Portal)
Okay.

Another thing I am scared of is if they fold or bend citizenship certificate. Do they take citizenship certificate as original?
Also, can I pick-up the originals?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Okay.

Another thing I am scared of is if they fold or bend citizenship certificate. Do they take citizenship certificate as original?
Also, can I pick-up the originals?
who is asking to submit citizenship certificate?
Iam talking based on recent walk in experience and generally old Indian passport only is submitted. One or two cases BLS asks to submit surrender certificate instead of passport. Have not heard of canadian passport or citizenship certificate held. If iam wrong other experienced members please clarify
Also in postal submission no originals are required is my understanding. i have no experience. Other members please clarify if iam wrong

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
I have a quick question - I already have an entry visa for India, if I apply for an OCI now will my visa get automatically canceled? I am worried because i have an upcoming travel and don't want to jeopardize that because of the OCI application.

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
I have a quick question - I already have an entry visa for India, if I apply for an OCI now will my visa get automatically canceled? I am worried because i have an upcoming travel and don't want to jeopardize that because of the OCI application.
No that’s separate thing. Does not affect each other

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Check the status/validity of that visa before your travel.. As I rem, during the beginning of Pandemic CGI had suspended the status of all previously issued visas.. and they were not changed until March 2022 (when I last checked)..

So although your visa sticker may have a valid date, on the system it may be invalid.

Reactions: delray55

souvik126

Apr 23, 2022
Has OCI timeline got reduced too (like Passport Surrender which is now taking 3-4 weeks instead of 7-8 weeks) ? Today at BLS site it is showing 4-5 weeks for issuance of OCI booklet. I remember very clearly seeing a much higher timeline just couple of weeks back.

Ijjada

Dec 18, 2015
Below is my OCI timelines, I have travel on June 25th and little worried about OCI. Any idea frnds?

May 3rd - Submitted OCI in BLSI Toronto center
Ma17 - Date of acknowledgement ( under process in OCI status)

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below is my OCI timelines, I have travel on June 25th and little worried about OCI. Any idea frnds?

May 3rd - Submitted OCI in BLSI Toronto center
Ma17 - Date of acknowledgement ( under process in OCI status)
Wait till 15 June else apply for entry visa.

Reactions: Ijjada