+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys,

Single applicant here. Can I mail in the Indian PP surrender application and entry visa in one packet? Does it have to be separate mails?

BLS website verbiages that are a bit contradictory:

• Each Application must come with individual demand draft and separate/ individual courier, even for family application
  • In case the visa applicant has not surrendered the Indian passport and has the original passport, he/she may submit the application for Surrender / Renunciation Certificate and enclose a copy of the payment receipt of submission of the surrender certificate application with the visa application.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
7 business days between June 15-24 may be risky, not sure if anyone can provide recent data as how many days BLS is taking to issue entry visa but last I checked with them they said it will take 2-3 weeks.

it’s normally 7-10days not sure if things have changed now

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Has OCI timeline got reduced too (like Passport Surrender which is now taking 3-4 weeks instead of 7-8 weeks) ? Today at BLS site it is showing 4-5 weeks for issuance of OCI booklet. I remember very clearly seeing a much higher timeline just couple of weeks back.
Where? I am still seeing 6 to 8 weeks.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
7 business days between June 15-24 may be risky, not sure if anyone can provide recent data as how many days BLS is taking to issue entry visa but last I checked with them they said it will take 2-3 weeks.
Thank you, Is there any idea how long entry visa is taking? BLS customer care is saying 3 weeks of time..
My spouse got it in 5 working days, submitted at BLS-Brampton on 28-May, received back on 2-June. BLS Toronto website says processing time as 7 working days. May be add couple of days more as precaution.

Toronto Jurisdiction
Canadian National (7 Working days)
Non-Canadian National (15-21 Working days)
Spouse on Entry visa (15-21 Working days)

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
My son's OCI application status on the BLS website shows processing at the consulate. But when I try to track on the OCI services website, it says no records found. Any idea why?

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Thank you, Is there any idea how long entry visa is taking? BLS customer care is saying 3 weeks of time..
I got it in 6 days. Applied for visa on 24th May and received stamped passport on May 30th. I applied in Brampton office. Hope this helps.

Reactions: souvik126

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
My son's OCI application status on the BLS website shows processing at the consulate. But when I try to track on the OCI services website, it says no records found. Any idea why?
It takes 3-4 weeks for it to show up on OCI website.

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
you got it just in 2 weeks... wow.. that's pretty quick.. is this the latest trend ?
Yeah, we were told 5-7 weeks by BLS staff. Infact, I applied for me and my wife's passport surrender together on 21st May and she received her surrender certificate on 1st June. I was expecting it to take much longer.

• Love
Reactions: alexpolis007

souvik126

Apr 23, 2022
Consulate/MEA takes around 3 weeks after you have submitted at BLS to reflect status.

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, when you give your applications at the processing counter in BLS, what is the order they collect applications?

1) Surrender certificate
2) Entry visa

Do they collect and put both together or separate? I need to mail in for a single applicant. I just need to know whether I can mail those together or should be separate.