+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does the OCI site has any way of validating the photo during upload? like the us visa site?. Also once its passed the BLS staff, would consulate reject it?
Both photo and signature are validated only for size during upload. Don't think consulate rejects anything and most likely they only do quick verification and rubber stamp as BLS has already done the leg work.

Last edited:
Reactions: delray55

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i m planning to send by post
Well, I had the same dilemma. I went to BLS centre, thinking if they reject, I will get the photos re-done there itself but they accepted the photos. So ears covered by hair is not that a big deal but again you are doing postal so take your own call.

Mostly photos are rejected because of the colour of the clothes. Make sure to wear dark colour clothes, so that you stand out clearly against the white background. Also, jewellery (eg. ear rings or neck chain) twinkling with flash light may sometimes cause issue so take care of that as well.

Last edited:

theRavAgg

May 6, 2022
Has your bank been able to help in your case? I was on hold for more than 1 hour with TD and they couldn't do anything, the person just said i am looking for information and never put me back on line, I had to hang up after 1 hour to attend to my work.

I am pretty sure something is up with the banks because I did see the message on the machine which said transaction declined or something, so seems like bank didn't let the transaction go through but eventually they let the payment go, so I wouldn't blame BLS because the person on counter wasn't trying to hide any message and I am pretty sure BLS aren't that tech savvy to make the debit machines show fault messages, so seems like a banks fault. However, the thing that sucks is that the money is stuck now and for a family application its not a small amount.

Hi!
I was able to dispute all the 4 charges with Scotiabank.

They weren't willing to first, since disputing transactions made at the terminal machine is not normal (disputing online ones is). After explaining them detail by detail what happened, and e-mailing the cash receipt for the service, I was able to dispute the 4 transactions.

Scotia said there will be a 30 day hold on the transactions, and I'll be refunded then.

And honestly, I used my card at multiple places that day. Did not have this happen anywhere, but here. BLS doesn't have the best reputation, so I won't be surprised if there was something nefarious going on.

trv_237

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
Hello Everyone,

How long does it take to receive OCI card from High commission office? My OCI card has been printed at Delhi & it is at High commission Ottawa.

thanks

razi94

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
that's a good idea, I didn't realize that I have paid for return shipment via purolator so I can also give my friends address.
I tweeted CGI toronto and they confirmed it will be printed next week. So not sure how long will it take to come to Toronto
How did you tweet CGI Toronto? can you please share what you tweeted?

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Applicants to BLS Ottawa - I just learned that verification of originals will take 1.5 months :( So bummed about this.

Neil2021

May 9, 2022
while uploading OCI photo and signature image, it is not taking to Part B of the form. both images are accepted, after that when i click upload, it goes back to same blank page to upload images again. Need help