+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

souvik126

Apr 23, 2022
Submitted my OCI application today at Brampton BLS. They found my photo not matching specification, it was perfectly as per spec but they are deciding so what can I argue. They took my photo at BLS (+$15). I asked the lady well you have this new photo that's fine but the photo I had is already uploaded at CGI application as well as in the printed application I handed to you so they will not match. She said it is not an issue, then said you can reupload this new photo at CGI site.

Has anyone experienced this, I mean firstly I do not have a digital copy of the photo they took (but have a hard copy to scan), secondly even if I upload it in my CGI application the printed application copy that I submitted still has my old photo. How does it work am confused. There is an online application, there is a printed application and there is this new photo, whatever I do they will never be in sync because the printed application they have will not change.

P.S - More than verifying the application they are more concentrating on selling courier service, voicemail/sms service, photo/photocopy service from them :(

Last edited:
Reactions: delray55

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Submitted my OCI application today at Brampton BLS. They found my photo not matching specification, it was perfectly as per spec but they are deciding so what can I argue. They took my photo at BLS (+$15). I asked the lady well you have this new photo that's fine but the photo I had is already uploaded at CGI application as well as in the printed application I handed to you so they will not match. She said it is not an issue, then said you can reupload this new photo at CGI site.

Has anyone experienced this, I mean firstly I do not have a digital copy of the photo they took (but have a hard copy to scan), secondly even if I upload it in my CGI application the printed application copy that I submitted still has my old photo. How does it work am confused. There is an online application, there is a printed application and there is this new photo, whatever I do they will never be in sync because the printed application they have will not change.

P.S - More than verifying the application they are more concentrating on selling courier service, voicemail/sms service, photo/photocopy service from them :(
I think $7.40 they get as fee is not enough to cover the costs. That is why these things happen.
Ps - Iam not related to BLS in anyway)

Last edited:

kush9232

Nov 7, 2014
OCI Application Timeline-in person to Brampton
BLS: April 18
BLS Status-Processing at Consulate: Apr 18
OCI Status-Under Process: May 6

Krishna1989

May 20, 2021
OCI Application Timeline-in person to Brampton
BLS: April 2
BLS Status-Processing at Consulate: Apr 8
OCI Status- Record not found
Really worried now . Called BLS today they told me to email Consulate general but also said he doubt they will revert back :(

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Quick question . I have a photo for my wife . Her ears are covered by hair . Will this photo work . Every other thing is fine ?

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question . I have a photo for my wife . Her ears are covered by hair . Will this photo work . Every other thing is fine ?
Yes, it would, but again it depends on BLS agent who assists you.

If you take another photo from outside, BLS may still reject it. So better to submit the current photo and if they reject it, get the photo done at BLS itself.

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016

I have no experience in uploading photo again. But as per the online documentation, it appears that option is to reupload the image for an already submitted application. So guess it should be fine.
Excerpt from OCI website:
  • This feature is to re-upload Applicant's Image/ Signature.
  • This feature can be used only after successful online registration.
  • Re-upload cannot be performed once your application gets acknowledged at Indian Mission/FRRO.

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016

If you take another photo from outside, BLS may still reject it. So better to submit the current photo and if they reject it, get the photo done at BLS itself.
i m planning to send by post

delray55

Apr 4, 2022

does the OCI site has any way of validating the photo during upload? like the us visa site?. Also once its passed the BLS staff, would consulate reject it?

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
It really depends on the individual who is taking up your file.
However if it worries you, I would suggest, better to take a new pic. It will give you a peace of mind. Afterall we are spending so much on OCI and Purolator. Dont want to resend it again!

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Saw your DM. Will respond here:

- There are two fields, National Identification Number and Previous Passport Number. What do we need to fill in there? Leave National Number empty. Previous Passport # = Your previous/last Indian passport #
- Also what should be uploaded for the Employment Letter? Anything is fine! An offer/appointment letter. I did basic self-declaration letter + latest pay stub (which can even be skipped)
- My father is deceased, how to fill in that? Same situation for both my parents, fill in their details as usual.
- The applicant's passport details should be based on the Canadian passport, right? The sample form on the BLS website says it needs to be as per the Indian passport which creates confusion. Correct - applicant's passport details should be based on the Canadian passport
- Can we use debit card to pay for the fee or the draft is mandatory? Vancouver jurisdiction is strictly Cash or Debit for the full consolidated amount.
- Do we need to self-attest documents before uploading? No
@vvarma I have one last question.
Do I need to paste my photo over the one which is already got printed by uploading the digital copy?

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request