+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
With due respect, Indian government did not ask you (or anyone as well) to apply for OCI. It was your (that is, applicant's) choice. These things are all "take it or leave it" type. And this is same with all countries and territories.

It can be frustrating at times. But that's how it is. Can't do much, really.

No disrespect meant. Peace.
LOL, I was thinking someone will tell me something similar, no offence taken but all I meant to say is they could have made it easier, :) & also OCI is second stage of it, right now even surrender certificate which is mandatory process seems like a big thing if you can get it done. I am not sure why they need everything to be printed and presented in person, surrendering should be as simple as uploading the citizen certificate online and downloading surrender certificate after paying fees. Anyways, this isn't the forum to discuss this, so thankyou again for your replies. Cheers!!

Nkrumah

Mar 1, 2022
How does one get an appointment at BLS Brampton? The calendar shows dates till May 31st but no availability.
There was some speculation earlier in the thread that BLS might move to a walk-in only system after this date.

It's also possible that they will open up June appointments once May begins. Maybe check again on May 1?

Reactions: akbardxb

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
LOL, I was thinking someone will tell me something similar, no offence taken but all I meant to say is they could have made it easier, :) & also OCI is second stage of it, right now even surrender certificate which is mandatory process seems like a big thing if you can get it done. I am not sure why they need everything to be printed and presented in person, surrendering should be as simple as uploading the citizen certificate online and downloading surrender certificate after paying fees. Anyways, this isn't the forum to discuss this, so thankyou again for your replies. Cheers!!
Alice Bains in Wonderland! ;)

goofy123

Aug 14, 2021
Hello,
I have OCI application appointment for newborn child tomorrow at Brampton. Pls help! :
1) Reg attestation: do we need to attest the photocopies being submitted physically to BLS?
2) Reg checklist sign: Do I need to sign the checklist doc or it needs minor's thumb impression?
3) Photo and thumb impression are part of the auto generated application PDF. Should we paste the photo on top of that or just give one photo to BLS?

Thanks.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hello,
I have OCI application appointment for newborn child tomorrow at Brampton. Pls help! :
1) Reg attestation: do we need to attest the photocopies being submitted physically to BLS?
2) Reg checklist sign: Do I need to sign the checklist doc or it needs minor's thumb impression?
3) Photo and thumb impression are part of the auto generated application PDF. Should we paste the photo on top of that or just give one photo to BLS?

Thanks.
Answering them based on personal experience for adult application in BLS Surrey

1. Yes, documents should be self-attested.
2. Checklist is not mandatory. You may as well skip it.
3. You may just hand over the photo. They will paste it themselves.

goofy123

Aug 14, 2021
Answering them based on personal experience for adult application in BLS Surrey

1. Yes, documents should be self-attested.
2. Checklist is not mandatory. You may as well skip it.
3. You may just hand over the photo. They will paste it themselves.
Thanks @nskatcv. Can someone throw some light for BLS Brampton and also for a minor..? If attestation is needed, do both father and mother need to sign?

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @nskatcv. Can someone throw some light for BLS Brampton and also for a minor..? If attestation is needed, do both father and mother need to sign?
On minors documents, both parents need to sign.

On the form, minor can sign if possible else there is a section that says parents are applying for minor -both parents need to sign there. Also, do not forget to include the NOC, where in both parents photo needs to be pasted

Last edited:

GK1001

Oct 21, 2021
I submitted my oci application at bls Brampton on 31st March. In bls website it shows processing at consulate whereas at the oci enquiry site it shows no record found… how long after submission does the oci enquiry site shows the processing status any idea?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I submitted my oci application at bls Brampton on 31st March. In bls website it shows processing at consulate whereas at the oci enquiry site it shows no record found… how long after submission does the oci enquiry site shows the processing status any idea?
Upto 3-4 weeks for Brampton

Krishna1989

May 20, 2021
What date is showing on BLS website , I submitted on 2nd April and application date on BLS website was 8th April . My status is same .

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
On minors documents, both parents need to sign.

On the form, minor can sign if possible else there is a section that says parents are applying for minor -both parents need to sign there. Also, do not forget to include the NOC, where in both parents photo needs to be pasted
Hi DD. Hows everything?

Reactions: DigitalDestiny

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
True that.

The point is, we don't have any better option. But also, if complaining is not helping, for peace of mind I will not complain. Why to waste energy!

Reactions: manu.yoganand