Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
OCI Submission Experience @ BLS Surrey today (28th April 2022)

Showed up on time, very few people there.
Quick pre-screening done, all documents in order. No original asked to be shown.
Got the token, only 2 people ahead.
At the submission counter, requested for self pick-up citing (bad) experience with Purolator during SC.
Staff said they don't do it usually, but will do an exception. (Saved ~$60 I think)
Was told the OCI shall be here in 30-40 days. Keep checking the status, or visit the center after around 40 days.
In and out in about half an hour.

Shall keep the forum posted on the progress.
BLS called. I missed the call. Dialed back. Got a representative in about 5 mins.
It was a status update call to let me know that the OCI application was verified and sent to the consulate for processing.
Although the web status still says underprocess.
I did not know that they give updates by phone. Pleasantly surprised!

PS: I am aware that OCI status can be checked at BLS website and then at OCI website. Is there any other place too (like CGI portal or other). Just confirming.

Last edited:

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I did not know that they give updates by phone. Pleasantly surprised!
I don't mean to ruin your surprise, and I am not sure about BLS Vancouver, but BLS Brampton tried to sell me an additional service for sending me updates on my application for an extra $5. Check your receipt and make sure that they haven't charged you for this service. If they haven't charged you then you're right it is a pleasant surprise. :D

Reactions: nskatcv

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
I don't mean to ruin your surprise, and I am not sure about BLS Vancouver, but BLS Brampton tried to sell me an additional service for sending me updates on my application for an extra $5. Check your receipt and make sure that they haven't charged you for this service. If they haven't charged ypu then you're right it is a pleasant surprise. :D
Lol. Now I indeed was surprised yesterday by this one extra $5 slip they stapled to our main $353 ones. I did not worry too much about it then, as I had just saved $66 by opting for self pickup and successfully rejecting Purolator.

Now I realize that I actually could save $61 only. :)

• Haha
Reactions: vvarma and Hot2Cold

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update:

Purolator dropped off the Surrender Certificate today.

Strangely the status update on CGI still shows Surrender Certificate has been printed and BLS tracking shows ‘Processing at Consulate General’

I shouldn't be surprised at this lack of consistency but I still somehow am :rolleyes:

Reactions: vvarma and Hot2Cold

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Update:

Purolator dropped off the Surrender Certificate today.

Strangely the status update on CGI still shows Surrender Certificate has been printed and BLS tracking shows ‘Processing at Consulate General’

I shouldn't be surprised at this lack of consistency but I still somehow am :rolleyes:
Once again, it has to do with your status statement here :)

• Haha
Reactions: royce110 and K310

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I don't mean to ruin your surprise, and I am not sure about BLS Vancouver, but BLS Brampton tried to sell me an additional service for sending me updates on my application for an extra $5. Check your receipt and make sure that they haven't charged you for this service. If they haven't charged you then you're right it is a pleasant surprise. :D
:) In my case I declined courier charges but she insisted on this $5 for updates. I accepted that since the lady was nice to me.

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Was it Priyanka at Brampton? She was really nice to me too.
They charged me that $5 for updates and $4 for photo copied even tho i already provided them the photo copies.
I realized it after, i sent email fro the refund of those extra charges .

they refunded me Via cheque , i have to go there to collect the cheque

Last edited:

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
OCI process completed. Below Timeline Update
  • BLS Submission (Brampton, In-Person Appointment): March 09
  • OCI services Acknowledgement: April 1
  • Document Printing Status 'Processed': April 26
  • Dispatched from MEA New Delhi: April 26
  • Documents received at Toronto: April 26
  • Received courier via Purolator: April 29th