Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
Guys my surrender status is now stuck in the following for over 1.5 weeks - Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.

I have already submitted Sampark query but no response yet. Original date of submission was 9th march 2022. Any idea why its taking this long and how can we follow up? Thanks
mine was in same status for about little more than 2 weeks. then changed to printed and transit to BLS

Reactions: royce110

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront

GG_23

Aug 24, 2015
Guys my surrender status is now stuck in the following for over 1.5 weeks - Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.

I have already submitted Sampark query but no response yet. Original date of submission was 9th march 2022. Any idea why its taking this long and how can we follow up? Thanks
Same status for over 3 weeks. Did sampark query and received info that it has been processed and should be dispatched soon - god knows what processed means since surrender has been granted long back. this is frustrating. Which office is it for you?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same status for over 3 weeks. Did sampark query and received info that it has been processed and should be dispatched soon - god knows what processed means since surrender has been granted long back. this is frustrating. Which office is it for you?
ThNks, how long did it take to get response from sampark? I sent an inquiry on 1st april, still nothing.

applied via BLS Brampton

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could you try calling BLS or the HCI? They tend to answer the phone in the morning between 8 and 9 AM in my experience. Good luck, my friend.
Thanks will do!

mine was in same status for about little more than 2 weeks. then changed to printed and transit to BLS
Hopefully mine changes soon too. These delays for a simple certificate are ridiculous!

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
anyone applied for a NEW BORN CHILD OCI recently?

BLS SURREY/VANCOUVER specifically?... what are the mandatory items to UPLOAD/ CARRY ..

Do we need to BOOK APPOINTMENT?? how long it will take OCI card to arrive? we are planning to fly in July

thanks in advance..

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
BLS Surrey Surrender Certificate Experience from Today (April 12 2022) morning

- Had an appointment for OCI, so just appeared on time.
- Got a token, waited about 50 mins.
- Counter time 5 mins only. They automatically signed me up for courier delivery. Didn't even ask for pickup option.

Key Update:
BLS Surrey is not accepting OCI application along with SC application. May only apply for OCI once you receive the SC.
This was a shocker for me, as I had prepared everything for OCI as well, knowing from the forum that we can apply for them together in the Vancouver jurisdiction. But they have changed this rule (at least since April 1, since someone over there confirmed that they were also not allowed to do so on April 1).

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: prt22 and vvarma

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
anyone applied for a NEW BORN CHILD OCI recently?

BLS SURREY/VANCOUVER specifically?... what are the mandatory items to UPLOAD/ CARRY ..

Do we need to BOOK APPOINTMENT?? how long it will take OCI card to arrive? we are planning to fly in July

thanks in advance..
Surrey & Vancouver do not accept OCI without an appointment. Unfortunately since a week they have stopped issuing appointments for unknown reasons. Keep checking the calendar to get activated for June.
Otherwise use their Purolator service.

Although officially they say 5 weeks, it can very easily be upto 2 months.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
BLS Surrey Surrender Certificate Experience from Today (April 12 2022) morning

- Had an appointment for OCI, so just appeared on time.
- Got a token, waited about 50 mins.
- Counter time 5 mins only. They automatically signed me up for courier delivery. Didn't even ask for pickup option.

Key Update:
BLS Surrey is not accepting OCI application along with SC application. May only apply for OCI once you receive the SC.
This was a shocker for me, as I had prepared everything for OCI as well, knowing from the forum that we can apply for them together in the Vancouver jurisdiction. But they have changed this rule (at least since April 1, since Someone over there confirmed that they were also not allowed to do so on April 1).
So this is the 2nd confirmation that Vancouver CGI has stopped processing SC + OCI together. :( The other candidate from Calgary also said it became effective from 1st April. They are making the rules twisted by the day!

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
How in this world did BLS International win the Extraordinary Brand award at Brand Vision Summit 2022 is beyond me. For the kind of service they provide, it is shocking that they win anything at all. End of ranting :rolleyes:

GG_23

Aug 24, 2015
ThNks, how long did it take to get response from sampark? I sent an inquiry on 1st april, still nothing.

applied via BLS Brampton
I got the reply in 2-3 days - you will have to log back in on sampark profile and go to enquiry and put your email address to see a response. They dont email