+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Tamiltdot

May 31, 2018
If you do not mind can you please share your timeline for OCI Application.When did you submit your application , was it through mail or walk in?
My timeline Postal application to Brambpton -10 Feb , Acknowledgement on BLS website - 15 Feb (Processing at Indian Consulate) Acknowledgement on OCI - 01 Mar (Under Process), Document Processed, Dispatched from MEA, Document received at Toronto, all dated 30 March 2022 on OCI website, Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping Apr 4 on BLS website

Reactions: Hot2Cold

Sameer khanz

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Just a quick update. I'm able to track my packages with CANT reference number on Purolator even though I can't see any update on BLS site. You can try checking yours.
Thanks for the update.. I just checked mine and it shows its in my city for delivery

Tue. Apr. 5, 2022 - 8:06 a.m.WINDSOR, ONOn vehicle for delivery
Tue. Apr. 5, 2022 - 4:47 a.m.WINDSOR, ONArrived at sort facility
Mon. Apr. 4, 2022 - 9:10 p.m.TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRI, ONArrived at sort facility
Mon. Apr. 4, 2022 - 4:16 p.m.MISSISSAUGA (WEST/OUEST), ONPicked up by Purolator at BRAMPTON ON

Reactions: Swathi1990

conanl

Mar 22, 2019
Hi ,

--> I got my Son(He is Canadian ) OCI Card in the same year when he was born i.e. 2014.
--> His Canadian passport got renewed in 2019 .
--> Do I need to get a new OCI card for him ?

I haven't updated anything with BLS regarding my Son's OCI.

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
HI, does anyone know how much BLS brampton charge for surrender certificaste application with delivery to home , i think i was not charger correctly .

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I'm not sure about the mail-in, but they did not even look at our COPRs and even returned the copy I had included with my application. I was going through the required documents and don't see it mentioned anywhere.

o_OI also seem to remember it being required to be uploaded in the Indian Visa section of documents to be uploaded, but cannot find that reference anywhere? Can someone refresh my memory of this or am I misremembering? o_O
You are right! I just uploaded the documents and uploading COPR was not one of the requirements. Did you apply in Ottawa or Toronto/Brampton? I just called BLS (the guy answered surprisingly) and was told that I need to send Citizenship Certificate, COPR and Canadian Passport and they will all be mailed back to me. I am freaking out at the thought that BLS or Purolator will lose my documents :(

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
They

I had sent my queries on this email
ccsupport@blsinternational.net
They responded to me in two days. I asked them to update the buzzer code for my address
Thank you so much. This one is for BLS Surrey?

I just want to correct myself, the OCI tracker says Processed on April 5, but the dispatched and received doesn't have dates on them. In my excitement I thought it would be the same date. But I guess I have to wait for an update.

Swathi1990

Mar 21, 2022
Thank you so much. This one is for BLS Surrey?

I just want to correct myself, the OCI tracker says Processed on April 5, but the dispatched and received doesn't have dates on them. In my excitement I thought it would be the same date. But I guess I have to wait for an update.
It's not specific to any jurisdiction. Its a customer support email address

Your tracker gets updated may be in a day or two for dispatch dates and all. Consider minimum a week from April 5 to receive OCI

Reactions: funloving

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
It's not specific to any jurisdiction. Its a customer support email address

Your tracker gets updated may be in a day or two for dispatch dates and all. Consider minimum a week from April 5 to receive OCI
Great! Thanks again.

Reactions: Swathi1990

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
You are right! I just uploaded the documents and uploading COPR was not one of the requirements. Did you apply in Ottawa or Toronto/Brampton? I just called BLS (the guy answered surprisingly) and was told that I need to send Citizenship Certificate, COPR and Canadian Passport and they will all be mailed back to me. I am freaking out at the thought that BLS or Purolator will lose my documents :(
I applied in Brampton under the Toronto jurisdiction.

Walk-in was convenient for me so I opted for that. If you can visit a BLS center, then you definitely should, but mail-in should be as safe as could be and I am sure that hey take the utmost care in handling original documents.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
OCI Application Update:

DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-04-02​
under processNo such record found
2022-04-05​
Processing at Consulate GeneralNo such record found
4​

I guess that BLS has sent the application(s) to CGI, Toronto. From what I understand and see from various posts here, it will be 2 weeks to be updated on the OCI Services site.

I'll update the status then (or when I get more updates).

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront

I applied in Brampton under the Toronto jurisdiction.

Walk-in was convenient for me so I opted for that. If you can visit a BLS center, then you definitely should, but mail-in should be as safe as could be and I am sure that hey take the utmost care in handling original documents.
Thank you my friend for the reassuring words. Unfortunately, there is not a single appointment available in Ottawa until the end of May.

• Sad
Reactions: Hot2Cold