+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Nkrumah

Mar 1, 2022
Bls opened the appointments for OCI for bramptonlocation. Lot of them available for the next few weeks.
Yes. HUNDREDS of OCI appointments available in Brampton over the next two months. Maybe BLS has finally onboarded new staff. Or otherwise maybe a major technical error, lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: vvarma

conanl

Mar 22, 2019
Hi ,

--> I got my Son(He is Canadian ) OCI Card in the same year when he was born i.e. 2014.
--> His Canadian passport got renewed in 2019 .
--> Do I need to get a new OCI card for him ?

I haven't updated anything with BLS regarding my Son's OCI.

Swathi1990

Mar 21, 2022
Went to consulate, a person checked the file number and said it has already been dispatched to BLS Brampton. Now the status in BLS Brampton says Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping.
Do call BLS and inform them that you need to travel. They will expedite. I called today as my status shows Passport ready to dispatch, they informed that it wil be delivered within 48hrs. Call them n check if you can collect from BLS center. The status should change in a day for you

Swathi1990

Mar 21, 2022
My OCI tracker says that the OCI documents have been received at Vancouver. The acknowledgement data is March 16, 2022. Will we get a separate email when its ready to be shipped and also from Purolator? As BLS had my phone wrong on the shipping of OCI.
You won't receive any emails. Just track on BLS site and OCI. Email them with the correct phone number they will update and send a reply within 2-3 business days

Reactions: funloving

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
@Hot2Cold @vivek.89 - i think we are in the same boat with similar timelines. For all three of us it is stuck at - "Certificate has been printed" status in HCI portal. I think the next status we should expect is "Dispatched" or something
@indigonation5 - have you heard back anything on Surrender Certificate front? I put a query on Sampark on Friday like @Hot2Cold but no movements at all.

• Angry
Reactions: Hot2Cold

Tamiltdot

May 31, 2018
Do call BLS and inform them that you need to travel. They will expedite. I called today as my status shows Passport ready to dispatch, they informed that it wil be delivered within 48hrs. Call them n check if you can collect from BLS center. The status should change in a day for you
Sure, I probably will go in person tomorrow to BLS!

Reactions: Rana Singh

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally 2 days after submitting Sampark query the status updated to:

Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.

Reactions: Hot2Cold and vvarma

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
You won't receive any emails. Just track on BLS site and OCI. Email them with the correct phone number they will update and send a reply within 2-3 business days
Email to BLS Surrey?

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Went to consulate, a person checked the file number and said it has already been dispatched to BLS Brampton. Now the status in BLS Brampton says Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping.
If you do not mind can you please share your timeline for OCI Application.When did you submit your application , was it through mail or walk in?

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My indian passport is expiring in November and was wondering if i should renew it now or wait for few months as i applied for citizenship in January. So that once i get the Canadian passport can apply for OCI.
((No plans on travel this year....))

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thank you very much @Hot2Cold . Can you also tell me if you had to include a copy of your COPR in addition to the citizenship certificate? I am very nervous about sending it to BLS via Purolator.
I'm not sure about the mail-in, but they did not even look at our COPRs and even returned the copy I had included with my application. I was going through the required documents and don't see it mentioned anywhere.

o_OI also seem to remember it being required to be uploaded in the Indian Visa section of documents to be uploaded, but cannot find that reference anywhere? Can someone refresh my memory of this or am I misremembering? o_O