+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
When applying for OCI for family, do I need to submit one online application or separate applications for each family member? I'm a bit confused with their screenshot which shows a question 'Do you want to continue with family application?'

Last edited:

deva123

Aug 12, 2018
Here are the dates for my application: Surrey BC walkin

Date of application: 7/12/2018
Date of acknowledgement at consulate: 17-JUL-2018
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 10-AUG-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 13-AUG-2018
Document received At VANCOUVER On 17-AUG-2018
<Called BLS as my travel date was close and was told it can be held for pickup once reaches BLS>
BLS Status: Passport Dispatched on 21-AUG-2018
BLS Status: Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping on 22-AUG-2018
<Called BLS to put it on hold>
BLS Status: Held at bls surrey as requested by the applicant 2018-08-22
Picked up on 8/23

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
I applied oci on 8th and I my online status shows application processing at consulate general on bls website..

I am yet to receive my cancelled Indian passport .... can someone please let me know what will be next steps and by when I can receive my oci

You should have already receive your Indian passport, Surrender certificate, and COPR? Had you? If yes, you should go to https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury
and check your OCI status using your OCI acknowledgement number and Canadian passport number. This is Govt of India passport website and it will give you a realistic timeline of your application.

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Hi Guys,

Can someone explain Affadivit process for marriage certificate from India?

Do I just take photocopies and get them notarized? Or Original has to be updated?

Also, do I upload notarized or the original one on the website?

Thanks!

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hi all,

Is it possible to apply for surrender certificate on the same day as the oath? I see that there is some fields to fill Canadian passport information - but I remember reading that you can submit a letter of some kind in lieu of Canadian passport. Is this true? Can anyone tell from their experience please?

Thanks!

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Hi all,

Is it possible to apply for surrender certificate on the same day as the oath? I see that there is some fields to fill Canadian passport information - but I remember reading that you can submit a letter of some kind in lieu of Canadian passport. Is this true? Can anyone tell from their experience please?

Thanks!
My friend did this. Just write a letter that you've not applied for Canadian passport.

Reactions: tenacioustopanga

threestar

Oct 11, 2017
You should have already receive your Indian passport, Surrender certificate, and COPR? Had you? If yes, you should go to https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury
and check your OCI status using your OCI acknowledgement number and Canadian passport number. This is Govt of India passport website and it will give you a realistic timeline of your application.
Yes I received yesterday... thanks I’ll check it ... very busy last week so I missed to update

threestar

Oct 11, 2017
I
Yes I received yesterday... thanks I’ll check it ... very busy last week so I missed to update
I didn’t receive my Corp although I received my cancelled passport ... but I submitted my original Corp ... hope they didn’t loose it

threestar

Oct 11, 2017
My oci status on bls online says in transit from consulate to BLS Center .

What does this mean .... my oci is done and I can expect my oci soon ? If so by when can I get it and can I go to bls to pick up... pls advise

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Any disadvantages of OCI? If a Canadian citizen, who is also an OCI holder, gets in trouble(not at fault) while in India, will Canada intervene to bring him / her back to Canada?

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Any disadvantages of OCI? If a Canadian citizen, who is also an OCI holder, gets in trouble(not at fault) while in India, will Canada intervene to bring him / her back to Canada?
As per Canada's constitution, OCI holders are exempt from intervention...lol, just kidding.

No such discrimination exists from Canada. Whether you'll be rescued or not depends on the case, but your Indian status should be largely irrelevant (i.e whether you are there on eVisa or OCI should not matter as long as its legal status).

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Anyone who applied for surrender still waiting for certificate? I applied 2 weeks and no update from BLS.

Last edited:

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hey guys ,

My minor Son is US citizen , I am applying for OCI from Canada . Do I need to submit his original US passport ( does not make sense to do so ) .
Any idea on how long it takes to get OCI in this type scenario .

Thanks !