+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
same here, I submitted on 11th Aug at Brampton location, in BLS tracking, Status is "Processing at Consulate General" and OCI status its "No such record found "
For me I have applied on 6th Aug, still the same status. BLS tracking, Status is "Processing at Consulate General" and OCI status its "No such record found "

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Can anyone remind me again at what time does the appointments for BLS open, is it at 8PM? I need to travel in 4 weeks time and Surrey office keeps changing if visas can be processed by walk-ins or need appointments.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone remind me again at what time does the appointments for BLS open, is it at 8PM? I need to travel in 4 weeks time and Surrey office keeps changing if visas can be processed by walk-ins or need appointments.

you need to go walk-in

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For me I have applied on 6th Aug, still the same status. BLS tracking, Status is "Processing at Consulate General" and OCI status its "No such record found "

..same here Aug 4 OCI applicant walk-in Toronto..keep in touch with me if u see any updates

amriash

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
I applied in person on 4th Aug in Brampton.. still no records on OCI site. BLS site says "processing at consulate" :(

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
I applied in person on 4th Aug in Brampton.. still no records on OCI site. BLS site says "processing at consulate" :(
That's weird.
I submitted at BLS walk in on 28th July and on 2nd august the record showed in OCI website.

However mine is Ottawa jurisdiction which is slower than rest of them.

UrbanNomad

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
same here, I submitted on 11th Aug at Brampton location, in BLS tracking, Status is "Processing at Consulate General" and OCI status its "No such record found "
i applied at Brampton via walk in on 28Jul.. update visible on OCI website only on 8Aug. so it takes a few days

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
yes you will need to send original Canadian passport which they will return with acknowledgement and with your cancelled indian PP
You only need self attested copies of all the documents if you are applying via postal. I did apply for 3 of us in July and got OCI. I did call BLS customer care and clarified with them before sent it out. Checklist says original and they said it is not updated.

stuff14

Jun 20, 2021
I applied at TO and they kept my original Indian passport as well. Told me that it will be returned in 2-3 weeks but didn't share any tracking ID specifically for that (I do have tracking ID for OCI process). Does anyone know when can i expect the indian passport to be returned OR where can I see its status.

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Hey,
So my son's application was returned to BLS yesterday because of a missing document (I have attached the hard copy, but was not uploaded on the OCI website (whole other story)). So I had to upload those documents and status changed to file in transit to the Consulate (this morning).

To answer your latest question and don't quote me on this, what I have seen in this group is people get AOR within 4 days to 2 weeks. If it goes past 2 weeks, usually there's something missing. Again, I am not the expert, just what I have read online. Thanks
Hey can you please tell me the list of documents you uploaded and what was the missing document. I’m doing it for my child now and trying not to miss anything. Thanks.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You only need self attested copies of all the documents if you are applying via postal. I did apply for 3 of us in July and got OCI. I did call BLS customer care and clarified with them before sent it out. Checklist says original and they said it is not updated.

thats not true , Canadian Passport require verification, in your case you got lucky, but for postal applications its clearly stated original passport should be send

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CGI doesn't operate on 15th August as they have Independence day celebration and program for half the day, and I feel for that same they did not do any processing on lastt Thursday & Friday...hopefully they should send some acknowledgements this week fro people who applied last week of July & first week of Aug in Toronto