+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Could someone please help here?
We have received our Canadian Passport a few months back & also Indian PP surrender certificates.
When applying for our OCI, it does not allow us to enter my daughter's expired Indian passport Expiry date field & says 'Passport must be valid for more than six months'. Her Indian PP got expired in 2020 & we never renewed it because anyway thought that we were going to get Canadian PP. And, with same expired Indian PP, we got her Surrender Certificate as well but unable to apply OCI with that.
Please let me know how to proceed now
The above passport details are for Canadian Passport only.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its been more than a week i applied OCI - Toronto Walk in - No Acknowledgement yet..is this normal?

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
OCI Statuses:
Date of Submission
Date Of Acknowledgment
Documents Printing Status
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )
Document received At
Ready for collection (Pickup applicants)
Thanks a lot, the application tracking on BLS shows 'Processing at Consulate General' but the application is not trackable on OCI website and gives an error 'File not found'
I submitted my application yesterday morning 8 AM in person at BLS Brampton

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Thanks a lot, the application tracking on BLS shows 'Processing at Consulate General' but the application is not trackable on OCI website and gives an error 'File not found'
I have submitted on last Saturday and still showing File Not Found.

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
I submitted my OCI in Toronto on Aug 4, what I saw is the clerk at the desk sealed my Indian passport in there own internal envelope. From that what I can make out that, all applications are packed separately with there associated passports when sent to CGI. I asked many questions on the desk I also came to know that physical copy of our application goes to Delhi India via courier for them to process, Toronto CGI just checks the documents & cancelled passport and forward the paper application to Delhi and return our cancelled passport within Canada.

Therefore to answer you in your scenario maybe your child's envelope is not looked at yet, hopefully you will see his/her status too next week..in my case since I applied Aug 4 OCI enquiry still does not show anything, only BLS site has a message "Processing at CGI", when CGI completes the check they will return us the cancelled passport, forward our physical application to Delhi High Commission and updates the OCI tracker with Acknowledgent--- all these steps are taken at once.

Hope you are getting what I am trying to say.

Thanks
Hey,
So my son's application was returned to BLS yesterday because of a missing document (I have attached the hard copy, but was not uploaded on the OCI website (whole other story)). So I had to upload those documents and status changed to file in transit to the Consulate (this morning).

To answer your latest question and don't quote me on this, what I have seen in this group is people get AOR within 4 days to 2 weeks. If it goes past 2 weeks, usually there's something missing. Again, I am not the expert, just what I have read online. Thanks

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status on BLS is showing "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping" even though I paid for courier delivery.
What gives?

nerd.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status on BLS is showing "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping" even though I paid for courier delivery.
What gives?

nerd.
I think it will be updated with Purolator details, tomorrow (if not today).

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,
So my son's application was returned to BLS yesterday because of a missing document (I have attached the hard copy, but was not uploaded on the OCI website (whole other story)). So I had to upload those documents and status changed to file in transit to the Consulate (this morning).

To answer your latest question and don't quote me on this, what I have seen in this group is people get AOR within 4 days to 2 weeks. If it goes past 2 weeks, usually there's something missing. Again, I am not the expert, just what I have read online. Thanks
nothing is missing once BLS accepts it in person.

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi do we need to send original Canadian Passport and original Canadian citizenship certificate for OCI application

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
same here, I submitted on 11th Aug at Brampton location, in BLS tracking, Status is "Processing at Consulate General" and OCI status its "No such record found "