+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
For all those who have attended the oath ceremony.....do they take away the PR card and the immigrant landing paper when we attend the ceremony?

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys !! I am in the process of applying for OCI for myself and for my 6 month old daughter .
I have got my Canadian citizenship last month.

I got told by one of the call center agent in Vancouver that I have to provide a name change affidavit certificate issued by a Canadian lawyer because my name in Canadian passport does not match with my name on Indian passport .

Ex - India passport name
Given name - GURU SINGH
Surname -
Canadian passport name
Given name -
Surname - GURU SINGH

Reactions: dipashah

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Toronto Consulate returned my OCI application to BLS requesting additional documents ( Receipt of Surrender Certificate or Surrender Certificate). I'm not sure what's going on BLS agent attached the surrender certificate fee receipt to OCI application when I applied.

Where should I submit these additional docs, should i go to local BLS Center ?

Anyone with similar experience of submitting of additional docs to BLS ?
Go back to BLS center.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They give you the landed immigrant record of landing paper back right?
Yes. you will get your COPR ( confirmation of Permanent Residency ) back. I believe you are asking about the same. also you will get a citizenship certificate . After 2-3 days ,you can apply for passport..

COPR and citizenship certificate are very important documents , so be careful and dont lose them.

Reactions: Weltmeister

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Yes. you will get your COPR ( confirmation of Permanent Residency ) back. I believe you are asking about the same. also you will get a citizenship certificate . After 2-3 days ,you can apply for passport..

COPR and citizenship certificate are very important documents , so be careful and dont lose them.
Thank you.

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Hello friends, can someone guide me as to what documents need to be uploaded on the mha website for the oci. Also another question is i live in a rented condo, everytime i change my condo or supposed i change my job, do i need to revise my oci card? Thanks in advance.

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Hello friends

Can someone guide me regarding OCI application I am from Calgary and going to apply for myself and18 months old daughter

1 all supporting documents - required (the hard copy) one needs to be notarized ?

2. How to upload all documents on website I.e. Size of file and which format( it's not mention in guidelines)
One file will do

3. All supporting documents photocopies should be self attested for upload? Or original will do for upload

4. How to upload signature image ?

Thanks n regards

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Sharing my Time line of OCI , I applied on Aug 15th

Applicant Name XXXXXXX XXXXX
File Acknowledgment Number CANVXXXXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment 31-AUG-2017
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number AXXXXXXX
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-SEP-2017
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On _________
Document received At VANCOUVER On __________

Hello friends

Can u guide me regarding OCI application I am from Calgary and going to apply for myself and18 months old daughter

1 all supporting documents - required (the hard copy) one needs to be notarized ?

2. How to upload all documents on website I.e. Size of file and which format( it's not mention in guidelines)
One file will do

3. All supporting documents photocopies should be self attested for upload? Or original will do for upload

Thanks n regards

User1108

Dec 22, 2017
Hi friends
I applied oci for myself and my son on November 7th in brampton bls centre received the originals on dec7th.
The status of our application is still "under process" since December 7th.
I have already booked tickets to India on January 10th. Our stay is for 4 months.
I talked to the bls agents about whether to wait for oci or apply for visa. They replied that I cannot apply for regular visa as I have applied for oci also they mentioned evisa is valid only for 60 days. As our stay is more than that.
I don't know what to do now?
Please give me some suggestions on what to do.
TIA.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROSEASHISH

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends
I applied oci for myself and my son on November 7th in brampton bls centre received the originals on dec7th.
The status of our application is still "under process" since December 7th.
I have already booked tickets to India on January 10th. Our stay is for 4 months.
I talked to the bls agents about whether to wait for oci or apply for visa. They replied that I cannot apply for regular visa as I have applied for oci also they mentioned evisa is valid only for 60 days. As our stay is more than that.
I don't know what to do now?
Please give me some suggestions on what to do.
TIA.
I am on the same boat. Applied for OCI for myself and my 8 months daughter and I have already bought the ticket and our stay will be 4 months too.

Date of applied OCI Dec 23, 2017
Travel date Feb 23, 2018

I talked to agent on phone and he said that 15 days prior to my travel date I should check the status and applied for visa through BLS Centre .
Things are not looking good for us as they haven't verified all the documents yet and they still have to sent it to Delhi for process I believe.
Agents also explained it to me that if you enter India on tourist or e-visa then you have to re-enter Canada on the same visa and within valid of visas date if I will try to enter Canada on OCI then there might be some critical issue for us at the airport.

I got only one hope right now that processing my application fast and getting OCI before my travel date otherwise I have to extend my travel date.

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Hello friends

Can u guide me regarding OCI application I am from Calgary and going to apply for myself and18 months old daughter

One file will do

Thanks n regards
Hello Dipashah,

Not sure about point 1.
For point 2/3/4 - i believe on bls website the checklist guides you.
Hope this helps.