+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lol will be moving to India for 6 months work from home. can't take any other visa
ok makes sense. good luck. I sent my postal application on April 11 and BLS status changes to processing at consulate on April 15. No records found as of May 03 on OCI website.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I submitted my OCI application today at BLS brampton. The fees mentioned in the website is 345 draft + $7.4 BLS fees + $30 + HST (courier fees).

However, after coming home i noticed that they charged 345 + $52.

They provided 3 receipts.

1st receipt 345 + 7.4
2nd receipt for $5 - it mentions nothing in the receipt what is it for.
3rd receipt for another $5 - it mentions nothing in the receipt what is it for.

Anybody applied recently noticed this difference?
Read a few pages back. It's a charge for telephone / text updates on the status of your application.

BLS's stealth charges strike again.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
My timeline
*Submitted via post to BLS Brampton- 2nd April
*BlS status ( processing at consulate general) -8th April
*No record found on OCI website -2nd May :(
*anyone on same boat
*travel date 22nd July
I submitted in-person on 2nd April,
Processing at Consulate on 5th April,
Under Process at OCI Website on 27 April.

Wait a few more days. It should appear on OCI site soon.

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I submitted in-person on 2nd April,
Processing at Consulate on 5th April,
Under Process at OCI Website on 27 April.

Wait a few more days. It should appear on OCI site soon.
Hey!
quick question..
Processing at Consulate on 5th April, is on BLS SITE
Under Process at OCI Website on 27 April. - OCI ENQUIRY SITE
correct? I am right behind… submitted on April 9th.. Hope to see some updates today

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
What do we upload for Indian Visa section?
So, the only things you upload are Canadian Passport copy, Indian passport copy with surrender certificate, Employment letter and thats it right?
I uploaded the COPR in the Indian Visa section, and did NOT upload anything in the Employment letter section. I did not even submit an employment letter with my application to BLS. My application is currently showing process at OCI Services website.

So these two documents are a fluid requirement. Upload and submit it if it makes you comfortable. I suggest keep the documents ready, and if submitting in person, keep copies with you.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hey!
quick question..
Processing at Consulate on 5th April, is on BLS SITE
Under Process at OCI Website on 27 April. - OCI ENQUIRY SITE
correct? I am right behind… submitted on April 9th.. Hope to see some updates today
Yes. That's correct.

Thanks for making it clearer.

Here's my complete timeline if it helps...

DateStatus on BLS TrackerStatus on OCI Services PortalDays since applied
2022-04-02​
under processNo such record found
2022-04-05​
Processing at Consulate GeneralNo such record found
4​
2022-04-27​
Processing at Consulate GeneralUNDER-PROCESS
26​

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I just received the following email from BLS Ottawa:

--------------
Dear Applicant,

Greetings from BLS International Services,

Please note we have received your application ,Status will update in 2-3 working days

You may track your application from https://blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php using your passport number.

Regards
BLS International Service

--------------

Reactions: Hot2Cold

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi everyone- I'm new to this page and have a quick question. Assuming it has been asked before, I need to surrender my Indian passport but there seems to be absolutely no appointments available for May. I tried looking for June but it is grayed out for me and so I guess the appt dates appear month by month. Is it ok to walk in at the Toronto Centre, would anyone know what the wait times are like?
Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi everyone- I'm new to this page and have a quick question. Assuming it has been asked before, I need to surrender my Indian passport but there seems to be absolutely no appointments available for May. I tried looking for June but it is grayed out for me and so I guess the appt dates appear month by month. Is it ok to walk in at the Toronto Centre, would anyone know what the wait times are like?
Do postal application, much better and easier. (But expensive )

Reactions: prash42

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-APR-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn28-APR-2022
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn28-APR-2022

BLS status still shows processing at consulate. I am hoping they get the OCI from consulate tomorrow and ship it out by Purolator so I receive it Monday morning. Vancouver jurisdiction takes a little over a month to get OCI (considering business days only 20-25 days)
BLS got it from consulate on Monday (May 2) according to their website and shipped it out the same day via purolator. Received it today and everything looks good. Finally the journey comes to an end!

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Thanks for the suggestion, but I assume postal applications take forever :(
Anyway you don't get appointment this month. 27 days left, if you send your application by the time month ends, you take appointment the 5 days or 8 days delay whatever they are saying, you still will be in a better position, I sent my family package today using purolator pick up. ottawa juridiction.

when there is no hope , we have to try the available one. the timelines are very much inconsistent between juridictions and application to application. i sent my surrender without passport (with explanation letter & Service Canada paper). like the call center asked to submit with a letter of explanation.

if you would like to wait. then keep checking for any dates that may pop up for your juridiction. wish you good luck.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Yes you can walk in to surrender passport applications in Toronto.

Reactions: eager