+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Do you have idea?
I replied this earlier- might have got lost in messages here-

"One of my friends sent the application 4 weeks ago and he did not send any originals. Just sent self-attested copies of all the docs you mentioned. Also Indian passport does not remain valid once you surrender it."

NbaHlx

Apr 11, 2021
I replied this earlier- might have got lost in messages here-

"One of my friends sent the application 4 weeks ago and he did not send any originals. Just sent self-attested copies of all the docs you mentioned. Also Indian passport does not remain valid once you surrender it."
Thank you very much for the reply.

Reactions: vivek.89

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
@tfox72
I guess we are all frustrated. LOL.

Our journey in Canada has been tough from Outsider to PR to Citizenship to Surrender Indian citizenship to OCI. Spent years and year. (Don't get me started for US immigration, I have been in line for the US GC since last 13 years and no hope in the near future).

Who cares of us peasants. We can BS here all day and may not come to any conclusions. I hope Modi or Trudeau goes through our conversations and take their international policy decisions :) We know more than the whole cabinets of both countries. :)

LOL

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
My surrender certificate application status changed to "Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance" today. Can i start filling OCI application online so that I will be ready to submit it as soon as I get the physical copy of surrender certificate? Or do i have to only start application after my surrender certificate is issued.
this is a good question from @vivek.89 !!

Anyone here please could guide us or have experience doing this? Thank you in advance

CC: @dineshrehab @Hot2Cold @DigitalDestiny (useful to know also for all of us)

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
@Mishti - please could you help to guide how could we go about to submit a query? The surrender application is currently with the embassy
On the embassy website it says that you can put an email query if the time has exceeded the given processing time. My application is still stuck in BLS.On BLS website there is an option to file a grievance if the service standards have not been met.

to_munda

Feb 13, 2022

Anyone here please could guide us or have experience doing this? Thank you in advance

Yes you can start and finish the online app as it is good for 6 months and stays in the system.
I would highly recommend doing it as I did the same.
Another reason, in case you make any mistakes, you can do another app and get it ready before you get your SC.
Also, I would HIGHLY recommend booking in person appointment online BEFORE hand,
so you dont have to wait long after you get your SC.
Cheers!

to_munda

Feb 13, 2022
To all the people who are wondering about the status of their SC not being updated for days:
Guys, just relax!! As on the website it says that it will take 6-8 weeks to complete the process!
So, why aggravate/ stress yourself and get anxiety attacks for no reason??
You don't need to check the status everyday!
Either you will get the SC during that period, or you will get notification if anything is wrong!
Just take a chill pill!
Cheers!

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022

I did complete the online form and even have the bank draft ready with me, just waiting for my SC. I would suggest complete the online form, upload the photo, digital sign and other supporting documents. Then if possible walk in and submit.